The location of this hotel is outstanding. I could walk to almost everything - Times Square, Empire State, Rockefeller Center and I even walked back from The American Museum of Natural History passing by Central Park and the Metropolitan Musesum. Although as much as I loved the location of this hotel, the hotel looks beat and rundown. There were holes on the wooden floor and the smell of the room was musty. The bathroom sink was so small, you have to use the window sill to put your toiletries and accessories on. The lighting was a little dim as I cannot clearly see as I was "prepping" my face. There were stains on the window bed and the paint just looked old. But if all you need is a place to sleep when in New York then this will do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City