“NYC”
Review of The Mansfield

The Mansfield
Ranked #346 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Excellent value and extremely handy place to stay. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Room smallish but more than enough space in the bedroom. Nice library to read papers etc with a very nice cup of coffee.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Magfil,
Thank you for staying with us at the Mansfield Hotel. We are pleased to hear you had a good stay with us. The team will be pleased to hear you thought they were pleasant and helpful. Please come back and see us again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Mansfield

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Good - Central location, the lobby coffee and cookies, the staff and service (with one exception), the quiet room (can't blame the hotel for noisy early morning guests), the bed, the toiletries, the lighting in bathroom for applying makeup, the vintage building. Note: The Concierge Robert accompanied me to my room. I wanted an empty frig rather than a stocked one. When he found no frig in the room, he quickly arranged for a room change and then made sure the frig was emptied quickly. The second room also had a larger bathroom which was good.
The Not-so-Good - Not having coffee service in the room, the darkness of the room, the high in-room wifi charge (which I didn't pay as it was included in my last minute Expedia rate),
I would stay here again if the price was right. If you found my review helpful, please click on "yes." Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank kitchenchemist
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Kitchenchemist,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and staying with us at The Mansfield Hotel. I will be sure to pass on to Robert that he was very accommodating and improved your stay based on his actions. Our team takes all of our guest reviews into great consideration so that we can improve upon every guests stay. Because we do not have complimentary coffee in-room we provide 24/7 coffee service downstairs in our lobby free of charge, during your next say with us I hope that you may please enjoy that amenity for your convenience. Our team will be very pleased to hear about all of the positive points in your review including amenities, bedroom, service, location and more. Please feel free to visit us again at The Mansfield Hotel; we will be excited to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good location, good bar. Rooms are extremely small. Most have internal "courtyard" views. Horrible airconditioning units that make a lot of noise and are fixed in the window. Check in and out was a mess. Receptionist did not hang up from a personal call to help me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

DCTraveler843,
Thank you for taking precious time out of your day to review our hotel and team members. It is upsetting to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at The Mansfield. I will be sure to bring up this review to my team regarding your stay to ensure that this will never happen again. I hope that you will give us a second chance and return so we can show you the real Mansfield way.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Based on some of the previous online reviews, whatever apprehension I may have felt prior to arriving at the Mansfield was immediately dispelled when we were welcomed by Gosia and Franz at the front desk of this elegant, classy hotel. The charming, spacious, clean and comfortable rooms are delightfully complemented by the amenities and top notch service of this very affordable, and well situated hotel in the heart of Broadway/Grand Central Station - a short walk to theatres and to public transportation. An absolute gem!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Andrew R,
What a pleasure it is to hear that you had a fabulous time at The Mansfield hotel. On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass on your positive comments to both Gosia and Franz, they will be very pleased to hear that they made your stay extremely enjoyable. We are excited to invite you back in the near future!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was very disillusioned with the Mansfield customer service. Considering my experience, I would not recommend or stay at the Mansfield again. I would have thought an independent, hipster hotel like the Mansfield would go the extra mile to make their customers experience very positive; unfortunately this was opposite of my experience. Upon Check in, the front desk employee was abrupt and not helpful. I had issues with cell phone reception in my room, plus issues with my room rate the went unresolved even reported mutiple times. The rooms were small but clean. The location was nice, central to several must see locations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Susan G,
Thank you for staying at The Mansfield Hotel. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I will take this review into deep consideration and bring it up with my team to ensure that what happened to you will never happen again. I hope that on your next visit to NYC you change your mind and return to the Mansfield. We would love to show you how we strive to be! See you soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good hotel, and great location. They have free espresso, which was awesome. The restaurant was closed for renovations, but they offered free breakfast which was nice! :)

Gym was also WONDERFUL and was empty the whole time, so I got to enjoy it for myself.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Savannah M S,
Thank you for staying with us at the Mansfield hotel it is great to hear from our guests on how we can improve and grow as a hotel. Our team will be very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Mansfield! Come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Mansfield 7 years ago, and just came back for our 5 year wedding anniversary. Our experience this time was just as wonderful as we had remembered, and even better than last. The staff is so nice and helpful. Our room was even upgraded since we were returning guests, celebrating our anniversary, and they had the availability! I'm the worst with names but the woman who checked us in was wonderful. I felt like she was my fairy godmother. She did everything to make sure we had a wonderful stay. We stayed in the beautiful Yeats Apt. room. I love the style of this hotel. Everything reminds you that you're in NY. Yes, some of the rooms are small, but the price of this hotel can not be beat. The on site restaurant was great too. The hotel is in the perfect location. Close to everything we wanted to visit. It's walking distance to Bryant Park, Times Square, fifth ave shopping, Grand Central, etc... We love the library room and the free coffee/espresso machine is a nice touch.
We can't wait until our next trip back. Thank you to the staff for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Lisa3537,
First of all congratulations on 5 years! Thank you for spending that memorable time with us at the Mansfield. I will reach out to my team members and see exactly who helped you and inform them of how they made your stay wonderful! We strive to give our guests their every need and are even happier when we can fully provide that for them. We hope that on your next visit to New York for any reason, you choose to stay with us again!