I will echo everyone elses sentiments and say that the Mansfield has a great location. All the major midtown attractions are within walking distance and access to public transportation (to take you everywhere else) is just a short walk away.
My girlfriend and I stayed in a guest room (queen sized bed) on the 9th floor. The room was small, but I have definitely stayed in smaller in NYC, but cozy. There were a few times my girlfriend and I struggled to manuever around each other but they were minimal.
The room was clean and tidy the entire five days we were there.
Our only complaint is the lack of an iron and the steam from our showers kept setting off the smoke detector in the morning. Be sure to keep the bathroom door closed if you like to take hot showers!
The staff were all very helpful and accomodating. We really only interacted during check-in and check-out, otherwise we just exchanged pleasantries in passing.
The M Bar is a great place to grab some breakfast on your way out for the day and to stop and have a drink before turning in.
The coffee machine in the club room is great and a good way to get a quick pick me up!
At the end of a long day adventuring through New York it was nice to have a comfortable place to relax and re-energize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City