Great location! We booked through Tablet (& sort of last minute). Walking distance from Grand Central (we arrived by train), MOMA, Times Square, 5th Avenue, theater district, Central Park, & subway lines to wherever you fancy.
The room we booked was small, but we already knew that in advance (~$230 with taxes). Attentive hotel staff ready to answer any question you might have yet they are not obtrusive. Didn't use the gym facilities so can't comment. I especially liked the fact that we were able to leave our luggage after we checked out and before we caught the train back home. For the hotel staff it was 'Of course, no problem at all'.
Over all, a relaxing haven in a bustling city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. Guests can enjoy complimentary 24-hour espresso and cappuccino in the hotel's classically-restored Beaux-Arts Club Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City