“Nice Room - Disappointed w/ everything else”
Review of The Mansfield

The Mansfield
Ranked #346 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Upon arrival at the hotel we were confused to see no one to great us at the door and take our car. i double parked and and ran inside to the very small lobby that seemed more like a coat check than a lobby of a 4 star hotel. I was told they did not have valet today and was given a discount coupon to the parking garage 2 blocks over. with traffic, it took us over an hour to park our car and make it back to the hotel.
Check in was a breeze, but again, the lobby was nowhere near impressive and the service was that of a days in motel than a 4 star hotel. our room was nice, typical for New York very compact but we got a junior suite and it was the most spacious room we have stayed at in manhattan. there was also no ice maker and we needed to go down to the bar off the lobby (also not impressive) to get a cup of ice.
the location was nice, close enough to Times Square and Central Park and in a good area. for the money, not worth it. we wont consider staying here again... most likely to choose a less expensive hotel or find one that offers more for your money!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GCaldwell333
There are newer reviews for The Mansfield

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the letter I wrote to the hotel when I left:
When your hotel first opened, I was a frequent guest.
I loved the atmosphere, the charm, the staff - it was a very pleasant home away from home.
When I came to New York this week on business, it was the Mansfield where I chose to stay
- and I was looking forward to returning.
I was so very disappointed - from the first moment to the last. The 'junior suite' where I stayed
with an associate had no dresser, and the most minimal lighting. The sofa bed was thin, with
coils barely covered by a mattress that should have been replaced long ago. The bathroom
doors didn't close, the windows didn't open, and the bed - at 4pm - remained unmade.
The staff at the front desk - with only one exception - was unhelpful, slovenly, and totally
uninterested.
For a hotel which used to pride itself on service and charm, none was evident.
The Mansfield used to be a place that I loved.
Not only will I never return, I would counsel anyone I know who was even thinking of staying
there to go elsewhere - to go anywhere else.
Had I read TripAdvisor - which I should have done - I would have seen that I am not the only
person to have had this experience. It's a shame it see what has happened to what used to
be a hotel with great charm and style.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank mtl-vt-itl
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for business for one evening. It is a nice Art Deco style Boutique hotel. The rooms are nice and clean, albeit the cushion on the ledge seat was very stained... The room had very nive wood floors sbd grest lighting. The bathroom was clean but very small. The bar was nice and well stocked. The front library has a complimentary coffee/espresso/cappucino machine... Very good! Well worth a stay for a night or for a long weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Myrolexs
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is very beautiful boutique hotel in Midtown Manhattan. The location is great, the service is outstanding, complementary Cappuccino is tasty, the room is small but gorgeously decorated.
The woman on the reception desk, her name is Gina, provided exceptional service, she was very kind and helpful, and we received perfect service when she was on duty. Attention to the hotel manager, keep people like She in your hotel, and soon Your hotel will be very famous for excellent customer service. I also would like to thank the assistant manager who was on duty when Gina was. He was very kind and helpful too. I didn't take his name, so I would like to thank Him this way.
The complementary high-speed wireless internet everywhere, in rooms and in library room.
Thank You guys, I will be back to your place soon.

Room Tip: You never regret when you choose this hotel for your stay in Manhattan.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michail_K_R
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is lovely from a decor perspective. It has a distinctive european flair. It is conveniently located as well. It is pretty quiet. The one problem is the mattresses. If you are picky about the texture of a mattress skip it. I am highly sensitive. If the mattress would have been comfortable I would give this hotel the highest rating. As it was I stayed 2 nights and got a total of about 5 hours of sleep from tossing and turning on account of the bed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Serenity J
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The rooms are small, there is not much space to move around. However, the rooms are clean and the furnishing is appropriate. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. I think the price is right for what you get. This hotel is very well located. Close to everything, but in a quiet street. I will try to stay here every time I go back to NY city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jula75
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Such a cute room---close to all the action--Times Square--Broadway, great restuarants, and shopping. Staff is very nice and helpful. Because we arrived early, the bellman held our luggage until we checked in the evening.

Room Tip: Basic rooms are great for couples--get a larger room for a family trip or a girl's getaway. The...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple