“Second time around even better!”
Review of Lowell Hotel

Lowell Hotel
Ranked #160 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I talked my husband into staying overnight at The Lowell since we were attending an evening wedding. I had stayed at the hotel a couple of years ago and thought it was great but this time it surpassed"great!" My husband who is harder to please loved it too. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. Location was great and breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed: June 2013
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I am thrilled to hear that both you and your husband enjoyed your most recent visit at The Lowell and that we exceeded your expectations! I will share your kind words with my colleagues whom all have contributed to making your stay enjoyable. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again for another delightful visit.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm not that familiar with New York, but I have an expectation of a bold style and service, especially in this part of the city. The Lowell Hotel was in every measure a wonderful confirmation of that. And if the Lowell is any glimpse of a top tier hotel in New York, then we're doing pretty good on the world stage. I stayed two days & two nights at the Lowell for a relative's wedding, and from the first minute, I knew that I was going to be happy. It is a quiet hotel with large clean rooms and a very helpful and attentive staff. It is not a large hotel as such, but I was generally impressed with the layout, which made it very easy to walk around or get to your room quickly. What struck me every time I walked in the lobby was how handsome the hotel is - not stodgy or old fashioned but long on class. I've found my favorite hotel in New York.

Only complaint - the kitchenette was a little worn, and the kitchenette floor looked like it needs a cleaning.

Last thing.. I would go to the Lowell just to dine in the Pembroke room, and I mean it was terrific.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DavidG958
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate and value your comments in regards to the kitchenette. We are hoping to be able to welcome you back in the near future for another terrific stay!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My Mother and I arrived in driving rain for Afternoon Tea at the Pembroke. The front desk staff person was very accomodating to help us find a place to make our soggy selves presentable. We then proceeded to the Pembroke. What a gracious, perfectly appropriate, relaxing, QUIET room! Our waiter, Steve, was extremely knowledgeable about the teas and advised us well. Lowell Blend and Oolong teas, sandwiches, fruit tarts, and jams for the scones were our favorites. We noticed that Steve, by himself, competently handled at least 5 tables with just the right amount of attention. After a lovely tea time, we had to get to our next destination ASAP. Still raining. The doorman, Sergei, pursued cabs for several minutes IN HEAVY RAIN IN NYC and got us a wonderful car service, which smoothly wisked us away. Sergei and Alex - OUR HEROES. The decor and refined atmosphere of the Lowell are hard to outshine, however the Hotel Staff are the true stars of this wonderful hotel with their exceptional and cordial service. Loved it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Holly W

Dear Holly W,
It is such a pleasure to hear that you and your mother had a ‘Top Notch’ experience while visiting us at The Pembroke Room for Afternoon Tea, from the beginning to the end! I have passed on your kind comments to my colleagues and we hope to welcome you back to dine with us soon again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Everything is right for this beautiful boutique hotel. From the luxurious floral arrangements upon your entrance to the understated elegance of the rooms and those spa-like bathrooms. A real treat in the middle of Manhattan.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I am thrilled to read your kind words! I will ensure share them with the rest of The Lowell Family and our design office. We hope that you will visit us for another treat in the near future!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My girlfriends and I recently enjoyed a wonderful afternoon tea at the Pembroke Room. The service was excellent and the room was very pretty. It is a small intimate room and I felt like we were in a jewel box at a small palace in France. For a group of 8 pr more , the group has to,select 3 teas, I suppose it helps make service more efficient. We picked themLowell blend, the Harmony and the Peat. Everyone loved the Lowell, nobody like the Pear. The staff kept our cups full and were very attentive. We all had the classic tea and had a variety of petite sandwiches, pastries and scones. We each got 4 pieces of sandwiches, and two tiers filled with the pastries like macaroons,,tarts, petit fours. However we only got one tiny scone each ...it was too firm for my taste and really small. I wish we had way fewer pasties and more scones. I enjoy scones and have been to many different places, including England and this definitely did not have good scones. So, if you want an intimate , elegant room, and re not too picky with the scone, do come and enjoy this lovely place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mychinita

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience! We value your feedback and will use it in order to improve our products for our Afternoon Tea service. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Pembroke Room soon again!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

It's funny that many of the reviews mention the fact that this hotel is not very well known! I can concur, as when I got to JFK and took a shuttle bus neither the bus driver or the computer with the list of hotels in NYC had heard of it. It has to be one of NYC's best kept secrets. Location is excellent for shopping, next to central park, 30 mins walk to many museums. Warm welcome on arrival with complimentary drinks. The room itself was large by NYC standards and beautifully decorated. Excellent bed and a quiet location lead to restful nights sleep. We never ate at the hotel with the exception of afternoon tea in our room, this too did not disappoint. Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

I am thrilled to read your kind words in regards to your recent stay and I am glad that you enjoyed it. I will share your comments with the rest of the Lowell Family. We hope that we will be able to welcoming you back to The Lowell in the near future!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel itself is charming with beautiful decor and the location is fabulous Our suite was tastefully decorated and spacious. We stayed 5 nights and it truly felt like we had our own apartment in the city . Very courteous and polite service but a little bit impersonal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkm4
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your most recent stay at The Lowell! We appreciate your feedback and will use it in order to improve our service. We hope to be able to welcoming you back in the near future with a more personal touch to your stay.