“Great space in a great location in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lombardy Hotel

The Lombardy Hotel
Ranked #258 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Great space in a great location in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there twice in the month of May in a 1 Bedroom apartment. The first apartment was amazing, tastefully decorated, 2 walk in closets, small kitchen but adequate. Extremely comfortable king size bed. The 2nd apartment was not as nice, had AC trouble, but 2 bathrooms, large, with a modem. It was very comfortable. It was a 900 sf apartment for 400 a night in NYC, so can't beat the price for the space.

The location is 2 blocks from Bloomingdales, close to subway, 10 minutes from Central Park, and best of all close to my work. Staff is courteous, not a hotel service. But these are individually owned apartments, so place is run like a coop rather than a hotel. Will definitely come and stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank natureloverny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in June and had a deluxe king room. The room had a kitchenette and the main area was divided into two areas, one with the king bed and TV and the other area with 2 comfy chairs, a table and another large TV. Very comfortable and although we didn't cook it was good to bring meals home and eat in comfort. It is located in a nice area of the city, close to Central Park. The staff seemed a bit so so. I think maybe that they think the permanent residents are more important and the hotel guests are an imposition. If you can live with that you will have a great time at an excellent location.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nedless
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Minor kerfuffle on check in with one front desk staff. When issue was straightened out I would have loved an apology instead he sent his colleague over to address the oversight. The suite was lovely. Perfect for entertaining. Tasteful decoration. 2 bathrooms. Walk in closet. Well stocked kitchen area. Comfortable king size bed. The air conditioning unit was a little noisy. I did not find the bellhop to be of particular assistance when I was leaving. That being said I adored the suite. So much space for a NY hotel.

Room Tip: I loved suite 800. Each suite is privately owned and decorated according to taste of owner so it wi...
2 Thank yyz_kat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early than expected, and our room was ready, reception staff was friendly, it is locatet at walking distance to many attractions. It was an indication from our friends and we were positively surprised. We couldn't make a better choice!

3 Thank João J
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a mixed experience at The Lombardy. First, what was good: the size of the room was awesome, by any standard, not just NYC. We had a king sized bed and a large living area with sofa, 2 large chairs and desk with chair. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. The closet was large, a walk-in. We had a small bathroom and very small kitchenette. The location is terrific for subway access, restaurants, theatre, Central Park. Now, for what didn't quite work: our room was clearly worn at the heels and needed some work...paint, leaky fawcett, draperies not hanging properly. There was a coffee pot in the room but no coffee/sugar, etc. The restaurant accepting the $5 breakfast coupon was not pleasant...and so many organic, fresh, fast breakfast places closer by!Somehow, it didn't feel like a real hotel, the front desk and concierge were frequently chatting among themselves and you had to interrupt to have questions answered. I only realized at the end of our stay that most (or all?) of the rooms are privately owned. Given other TA reviews, it looks like we just had an odd experience. We might consider trying it again. Just wish we knew how to request a specific, better room!

1 Thank winksHouston
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked a stay from 6/3 - 6/5. Upon receiving my room key at about 9:00 PM on 6/3, I went to floor 2. When the elevator opened the first thing I saw was an unmarked, badly damaged door leading to assumedly nothing (no room number, no housekeeping sign, nothing). No signs pointing you to your room. Sort of flophouse-esque. The floor was an old, beat-up parquet. Cruddy wallpaper that wasn't fully attached in certain places.

I eventually found my room and upon entering couldn't be more disappointed. Carpet was stained in multiple places, and the "furniture" consisted of 2 clear plastic acryllic chairs that appeared to have been disposed of by a defunct office products company. The room had no window, making the dumpiness even more noticeable. There was a stacked little microwave / fridge. Even if one chose to cook in-room, I have no idea where they would eat their food. I ran my hands across the sheets, which felt closer to burlap than they did to cotton. The bedding all seemed thin. The desk was literally right under the TV. I mean, right under the TV. The room was one of the worst I've seen, and I've certainly stayed in the mid level (Motel 6, Super 8) motels. I perused the hotel website and did not see a photo of the room I was given despite the numerous other room photos the website provides; I certainly understand why this is the case.

I walked back down stairs and told the desk agent I was leaving. He offered me another room, which I declined. He said he would have to charge me one night, which I intend to not pay based on what I deem to be false advertising on the hotel's part. I challenge the hotel to take photos of the view that greets people when they get off the elevator on floor 2 and compare this to photos shown on the website. One of the doors on the floor even had one of those construction permits taped onto it.

I honestly believe many of the positive reviews are fraudulent. There is no way anyone could have stayed on floor 2 (or a comparable floor, if it exists) in a room even remotely comparable to what I was given and be pleased.

If the hotel will allow me, I will come back and take pictures of the stains on the carpet, the beat up parquet floors that are 30 years old, the desk physically right under the TV, etc. to prove the validity of this review to others.

Nobody should be misled the way I was misled.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank RegularChitownGuy
Denia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Two blocks from Central Park,shops and restaurants nearby.
The hotel had no restaurant but had a kitchen in our suite and an adjoining restaurant and bar.
We were allocated breakfast tickets for a nearby cafe to the value of $5 each,staff were fantastic and the hotel oozes character.Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Well worth upgrading to a larger room direct with the hotel and a room at the back a lot quieter as...
3 Thank Patricia W