We had a mixed experience at The Lombardy. First, what was good: the size of the room was awesome, by any standard, not just NYC. We had a king sized bed and a large living area with sofa, 2 large chairs and desk with chair. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. The closet was large, a walk-in. We had a small bathroom and very small kitchenette. The location is terrific for subway access, restaurants, theatre, Central Park. Now, for what didn't quite work: our room was clearly worn at the heels and needed some work...paint, leaky fawcett, draperies not hanging properly. There was a coffee pot in the room but no coffee/sugar, etc. The restaurant accepting the $5 breakfast coupon was not pleasant...and so many organic, fresh, fast breakfast places closer by!Somehow, it didn't feel like a real hotel, the front desk and concierge were frequently chatting among themselves and you had to interrupt to have questions answered. I only realized at the end of our stay that most (or all?) of the rooms are privately owned. Given other TA reviews, it looks like we just had an odd experience. We might consider trying it again. Just wish we knew how to request a specific, better room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lombardy Hotel is the ultimate sanctuary in the bustling city. Just a short walk away from New York City's leading law firms and corporate offices and moments from shops including Tiffany's, Bloomingdales, and Barney's, The Lombardy boasts the perfect location for business and leisure travelers alike. A balanced blend of past grandeur and elegance mixed with modern amenities and state-of-the-art technology give the hotel its sophisticated atmosphere. Ditch the standard New York City hotel stay for a customized residential-style retreat to one of midtown Manhattan's finest gems-The Lombardy. Featuring 160 individually decorated guest rooms & suites, the Lombardy offers guests a rich experience of luxury away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, HotelPower, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Lombardy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lombardy Hotel New York City
- Lombardy New York City
- Lombardy Hotel New York City