I am really impressed with the other reviews of this property. They pretty much hit the mark.
Don't be put off by the somewhat garrish apearance of the red marquee with some missing letters which give the look of a
"No-tell Motel". This is a well maintained property, with a courteous and efficient staff. The rooms are compact but comfortable, though the bathrooms are rather a bit too "abbreviated", read very small. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were very fresh. The AC was working in Oct!!! however, it was not silent when cycling on and off. Other than this, my room was quiet. The breakfasts consist of small and unvaried selection pastries, crusty bread, cheese, prosciutto, granola and good coffee. The addition of some fresh fuit would be very nice.
The location is convenient for Met Museum visits, the Neue Galerie, and the Guggenheim Museum, etc. The metro station is just around the corner on Lexington.
My family lives in the neighborhood, so I will probably stay at the Franklin in the future if I come alone; though, I think my husband might find the rooms too compact for his comfort.
However, dear traveler, be aware that there is a "sevice charge" added to your bill. When I asked about this, I was told it was for ...
basically the amenities - the NY Times every morning, the internet access, the breakfasts, the robes, slippers, toiletries, etc. Nope, there's no "free" lunch Virginia! Let's have some truth in advertising, please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City