“Great hotel, great service”
Review of The Franklin

The Franklin
Ranked #393 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel staff was wonderful and very nice. Hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. They changed our room to one more suitable to fit a pack and play before we even asked.
My only con was with the central reservations. They were nice but did not have accurate information about the rooms.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Rachael S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The Franklin. I’m glad you found our rooms were cleaned to your satisfaction and our amenities were up to your standards. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

General Manger

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Franklin hotel is charming because it only has 50 rooms giving you a personal relationship with the staff. As a warning the rooms are TINY or at least mine was. I would suggest that if your looking for a cozy intimate place this is for you. I don't recommend bring children to this hotel. The rooms are nicely updated and clean! Not much of a closet though and very little space otherwise. The bathroom is clean but small, very small. Great location and a friendly helpful staff!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a king sized bed for extra space

Dear HilaryG,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms and that our staff was helpful! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The mattress is too soft, and there isn't a real closet in room. The desk in the room should be replaced for a real closet, furthermore, that desk hide the safety box, which the existence I just realized the room had the day I was leaving. I was in a petit bedroom, it should be pet friendly, but is too small. But is a nice place for a couple. Cute and nice.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Leandro C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear you found our hotel cute and nice. I'm disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your room Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll accommodate you with a room that better suits your needs. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Picked this hotel for it's location and what appeared to be charm as displayed on website and commented on in reviews. It was ok and could have been way better if the staff had addressed the fact that the party in the room next to ours smoked during their entire stay. We mentioned this several times to the front desk staff but there was no change. Our room smelled like cigarette smoke and so did the clothing we stored in our closet. It was so bad that we had have some of our clothing dry cleaned when we returned home. If you want a non-smoking hotel please don't choose this one.

1  Thank IAC-Owner

Dear IAC Owner,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I selected this little hotel because the location was near my daughter's apartment. I was so happy with my choice because the staff proved to be so exceptional. The facility itself is a bit tired, but it is very clean and well cared for. There is a 24 hour CVS nearby and all kinds of restaurants. Very near subway entrance. I will stay here again.

Dear 384Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found our rooms cleaned to your satisfaction. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll accommodate you with a room that better suits your needs. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Overall, we had a WONDERFUL stay at The Franklin and would definitely stay there again. The 2 problems sited (room temp and key deactivating) were minor and they were resolved. The hotel staff was EXCEPTIONAL and really made us feel welcome every time we walked in. The breakfast was better than we expected and the afternoon happy hour was a very nice touch. There is a room with tables and chairs for breakfast and happy hour and another room that is more like a comfortable living room with a picture window overlooking the front of the hotel. It was fun to watch the people and cars go by. We would recommend this hotel HIGHLY and would stay there again upon visiting NY.

We liked the street noise, but if you don't, you might want a room location not facing the street. If you have problems with the keys deactivating, I don't feel it's the hotels fault -- easy enough to get them rekeyed. We LOVED this hotel and would definitely stay there again. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Janet E,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms were to your liking! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel was an extremely convenient location for our visit with family, as well as Central Park and lots of wonderful restaurants. The price is very reasonable. We expected the room to be small and it was actually larger than we expected! An complimentary evening wine and cheese social was lovely to meet folks from all of the world! I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Leigh G,

Thank you staying with us here at The Franklin and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Franklin. It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with ourour complimentary wine and cheese.