“Love The Franklin!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #345 of 475 Hotels in New York City
Pittsburgh
“Love The Franklin!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was my second time to stay at The Franklin and it was like coming home! Marla was so welcoming and making certain that everything was perfect. She always goes above and beyond to make your stay is as pleasant as can be! The service is excellent from all the staff. Love having my tea in the morning and sitting in the front room to people watch. The room size is perfect for us as we are only there at night or for an afternoon rest time.

There are so many great restaurants, museums and shops nearby. Love Candle 79 restaurant which is vegan and Felice's. Went downtown for brunch on Sunday to Lexington Brass which was fantastic. Look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Sleetcitychic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear you chose to stay with us again. We will make sure to inform our front office team that you enjoyed Marla's service. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll top your last stay. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Best,

David Sandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I read many reviews that the rooms were so tiny , etc, etc. So i was expecting some itsy bitsy sized room. On the contrary, the room was not any different really than a typical manhattan room, The bathroom was a little small but was fine.. the shower was super clean, everything looked new inside. The sink which was just outside the WC was very nice, beautiful glass with glass bowl . The bed was comfortable and lots of comfy pillows. The room was very very very quiet.. the walls are thick so you don't hear a thing.. you don't hear other people, don't hear doors slamming.. nothing..
They have a wine and cheese reception 500 - 630 which was very nice.. and a basic breakfast in morning ( fruit, cereal, coffee, muffins,etc). There is parking across the street, champion garage, its $ 36 a day plus tax. Very convenient. The staff at the hotel was very nice and helpful..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Bavavia,

Thank you staying with us here at The Franklin and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the decor of The Franklin . It’s one of the features that makes our hotel so special. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with our breakfast, rooms, and location throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from an amazing weekend in NYC, and the glue that held it all together was The Franklin Hotel. I found this place while looking online for affordable hotels in Manhattan that were close to major subway lines. I couldn't have stayed at a nicer spot. The staff at The Franklin were EXTREMELY friendly, helpful and caring. Every single person that works there has a heart of gold and made us feel like we were the only person staying there. Checking in and checking out took about 30seconds each, and any questions we had about times or locations were quickly answered almost as if they knew what we were going to say before we said it. The hotel itself is CLEAN, quaint and efficient.

Our room; albeit a little small, was the most coziest room I have ever stayed in outside of my own. We had a queen bed, a lovely little bathroom with a brand new glass sink and closet. The beds are lifted as to allow you to store your luggage under which will give you the walking room you need. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were CLEAN, I cannot stress this enough that every part of this room was CLEAN. In the morning they serve your run-of-the-mill hotel breakfast; fresh fruit, croissants, butter jam, cereals and granola. They have a pretty decent espresso/latte machine that is available 24hours which is cool, and all served within their cozy little European style living room area. This hotel also serves wine, crackers and cheese every evening which was an awesome little perk that just adds to the layers of why this hotel is so wonderful and cost efficient to stay at.

To add to my review I just wanted to say the location is also pretty centralized for this hotel. The Franklin is tucked away in the middle of 87th street, near the corner of Lexington. The 4,5,6 train station is just outside the front doors over one block, so you can basically get anywhere you need to go rather quickly. Central Park is literally an 8minute walk right outside and down the street, giving you access to the M.E.T., the Guggenheim Museum and a variety of other sights.

We WILL BE coming back again, and potentially using this hotel for all of my stays in NYC for the future. Location, cost, and quality of this place is UNMATCHED. Looking for a nice, clean cost efficient place to stay for a weekend with your significant other? THE FRANKLIN IS IT. DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER.

Room Tip: They allowed us to leave our luggage at the hotel after we checked out, free of charge as we spent a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doug S
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Doug S,

We were delighted to receive and so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay at The Franklin. I am particularly pleased that you have mentioned our Front of House team who demonstrated such great hospitality to you. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Averill Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great location for my visit. Restaurants nearby. Hotel good for my one night. I had the very small room with the expectations it would be small based on the price compared to other NYC hotels. Room nice and bed real comfortable. Shower head nice. Only drawback for me was being on first floor near reception desk. A little noisy for me, but I had earplugs with me. Ask for room on higher floor. I'd stay again!!

Room Tip: Higher floor for noise quality
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank KRZ21
Dear KRZ21,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms were to your liking! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We were in NY for an event at the MET, and found The Franklin located close by. We've stayed in numerous NYC hotels all over the city, small to large, so did not have any grand expectations as to the size of hotel room. There is a garage conveniently located right across the street for easy access. We were welcomed quickly by the night clerk and given information regarding the hotel and breakfast. The room was adequately sized, we weren't expecting anything huge and have stayed in some much smaller. The room was nicely decorated and the bathroom was a good sIze. The only negative to the room was we could not find the temp controls, so we just opened the bathroom window and this did well to cool the room down. The breakfast was great, and didn't expect one for the price we paid. We usually don't stay this far north in manhattan but if we come back to do more museums, we wouldn't hesitate to look up the franklin again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Baltrx
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Baltrx,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We were truly delighted that you enjoyed our rooms and front desk team. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us. I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Franklin . It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. Please feel free to contact me directly; we’ll do our best to offer you the best available rate and regain your confidence in us.

philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very clean but very small room. Good king size bed. Better than average continental breakfast. Jose, a manager was very gracious and helpful.

Airconditioner kept us up most of the two nights we were there. Room is too hot without it. This is an on-going problem - we saw complaint on trip advisor back in April but assumed that issue had been addressed.

Would go back once problem is solved.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank elainewynnewood
Dear Elainewynnewood,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time I will inform Jose that you enjoyed his hospitality! Have a great day.

Warm Regards,

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Really would of liked to have my parents stay here for a weekend as it is close to my apartment, however, I tried to change to reservation date to 2 weeks after the original reservation. Typical that they would want me to pay more money instead of being reasonable. Seems that they don't care, unfortunate...

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank adkhiker46
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Adkhiker46,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm disappointed to hear that you've had difficulty modifying your booking; this is definitely not typical of the service we offer at our hotel. If you need assistance on any upcoming reservations please feel free to reach out to me directly, we will do our best to try and make it up to you.