I read many reviews that the rooms were so tiny , etc, etc. So i was expecting some itsy bitsy sized room. On the contrary, the room was not any different really than a typical manhattan room, The bathroom was a little small but was fine.. the shower was super clean, everything looked new inside. The sink which was just outside the WC was very nice, beautiful glass with glass bowl . The bed was comfortable and lots of comfy pillows. The room was very very very quiet.. the walls are thick so you don't hear a thing.. you don't hear other people, don't hear doors slamming.. nothing..
They have a wine and cheese reception 500 - 630 which was very nice.. and a basic breakfast in morning ( fruit, cereal, coffee, muffins,etc). There is parking across the street, champion garage, its $ 36 a day plus tax. Very convenient. The staff at the hotel was very nice and helpful..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City