We chose The Franklin for its location and pet policy, and it worked well for me and my spouse and our dog during a beautiful spring weekend. Friendly and accommodating staff—we were upgraded to a larger room (the small rooms must be REALLY small), which was clean with a comfortable bed, though most other furnishings looked worn. Narrow bathroom, with good water pressure for the shower. Our first-floor room was located in the back of the building, and was very quiet at night. Serviceable continental breakfast is fine for those who eat light first thing, including good coffee (go very early or late; dining room is tiny). We didn't take advantage of the afternoon wine hour. Best aspect is proximity to Central Park—a mecca for dogs and their walkers, people watching, picnicking—and Museum Mile. Also close to subway and good shopping and restaurants (if you go vegan or gluten free, Candle Cafe at 3rd and 74th is a must).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City