The Franklin
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$335
$305
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$118
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsupper east sidewine and cheeserooms are smallcentral parkmetropolitan museum of artyogurtnew yorkcontinental breakfastboutique hotelevery eveningaround the cornerwhole foodswine hourshort staygreat boutiquecoffee machinebed was comfortable
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Purpose of visit:
2 nights

Room Type/Name:
Guest room petite - I think (booked via a discount web page) 7th Floor

Specific Comments about stay:
Staff are very welcoming and helpful. Hotel is nice but very small. Eating area and lounge tiny. Room is almost unliveable.

Amenities of the room:
Bvlgari products is prob the best thing. Did not have room to open suitcases. "closet" has room for 2-3 items if that (winter clothes??) Have to shimmy down the side of the bed in get in. Very warm in hotel - no temp adjustment.

Amenities of the hotel:
Wifi, breakfast is simple, but ok. Elevator is an old style which is cool.

Service Provided:
Great service, I booked a town car for 2 hours before we needed to be at airport on last day, it was 45mins late - the lady at the front desk was hard on the company and demanded a discount and another driver. Got a luxury car to JFK for $60. Just made it though. Staff of the hotel were apologising every 5 minutes - not their fault at all.
And throughout our stay thr staff were lovely. Only staff member who was a bit offputting was the maid who sets breakfast out, you feel as if you are getting in her way, or she doesnt like her job.

Things I wish I'd known before visiting:
How tiny the rooms were.

Location Details:
Upper east side - i wanted to stay here because its the nicest area, and we were warned not the stay in the heart of the city - but I wish we had. This hotel is not within walking distance of anything we went to.

Overall experience:
Very nice little hotel, but too small for me. Location nice and safe but I dont think convenient. The hotel looks nicer on the website. Staff as I said as lovely though.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tahlianagy
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Tahlianagy,

We are happy you had a chance to visit the Franklin Hotel during your time in NYC. Thank you for providing feedback of your stay as it will allow the team to improve. We are happy you thought the staff was friendly and accommodating. Next time you come to NY please call the reservation team and we can help you find a hotel in our portfolio which might be a better desired location for you.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Franklin is a small hotel with a fantastic location in the Upper East side of NYC. The staff are helpful in every way. The 24 hour cappuccino machine provides great drinks. The rooms are small, but our middle size room (200 sq. ft.) was fine for a couple. This has a bed and breakfast feel with a nice continental breakfast and a daily wine reception. The one block walk to the main east side subway line was wonderful, particularly on a rainy day. The only drawback of the room was the small sink area in the bathroom, which makes shaving very difficult. Lastly, my wife loved this place!! I think that is what matters!

Room Tip: For a couple, be sure you get the biggest room available.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Davidson77,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Franklin Hotel. It was nice to read that you thought the staff was helpful, and you liked the hotel amenities. We are happy you also liked the location of the hotel as we are near the museums and close to the subways.

We are delighted to hear that your wife loved the hotel and that you will be back.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently travelled to New York from Australia and I booked my stay here. On check out, I noticed they charged me and my partner $530 of unauthorised credit card charges (the the card we didn't even sign for or use at checkout!). I have contacted them countless times proving my right to receive a full refund by providing my bank statements as evidence. They are reluctant to talk to me or acknowledge their crime.
Their staff are completely hopeless, unprofessional and frankly, don't look like they even care about their job in the service industry. I have never experienced such poor service, or unauthorised credit card charges (read: stealing!) from anywhere I've ever travelled!
You would think they would have a higher standard of duty of care and professionalism as they are located in a prestigious upper east side location - wrong!

If you dare to stay at this terrible hotel and experience their poor service, then don't bother booking a breakfast deal, it's lacklustre - small croissants and yoghurt only. You can buy a cheap breakfast (and a good one) for $8-10USD anywhere in manhattan.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZoeB262

Dear ZoeB262,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry your stay was not enjoyable. We have rectified the issue of charging the credit card you wanted charged and crediting the card which was charged by mistake. The desk made a mistake and we apologize you had to go through that. We hope this one mistake will not deter you from staying with us again. We hope to make it up to you if you do give us another chance.

We appreciate your feedback as it will allow us to all get better at what we do.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights, the staff were very friendly and the room was modern and nicely decorated. Free cheese and wine was a nice touch. Breakfast modest but you can take it back up to your room; sine nice diners nearby for pancakes and bacon also. Small but perfectly formed.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Zoe L
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Zoe L,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review the Franklin Hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are glad you liked the amenities as well as the location of the hotel. We hope you choose us again the next time you are in NYC.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Franklin Hotel is good hotel, great location (Upper East), breakfast included (amazing) and very clean. But the size of the rooms is a real problem. You cant leave your luggage on the floor, or even where to store your clothes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Elvira R,

Thank you for staying with us at the Franklin Hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the location and the guest amenities we offer. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide feedback.