First impressions of this hotel weren't that promising, I have to admit. The lobby looks a little tired and run down. However, the rooms are clean, quiet and prettily decorated. The heating/aircon works and, while the service from the front desk can be a little... idiosyncratic, everyone was very helpful and good humoured. The bed was enormous (perhaps a bit too enormous for the room) and incredibly comfortable.
The location is great. It is right near the 4,5,6 line down to Midtown/Brooklyn and you can get anywhere quickly and easily from there. For a Manhattan hotel, it is great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Otel, Odigeo, Cancelon, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City