At first glance, the lobby is worn as is the lounge area. The photo that's on line must have been taken 10 years ago as the featured sofa and chair are well worn now. I agree....rooms are VERY small. I laughed as I tried to find the "closet" hidden behind the mirror. Only 4 hangers fit! BUT, the room was newly renovated complete with bathtub. The carpet could have stood a good cleaning. Bed was very comfortable with nice linens. Window air conditioner was a little noisy but the white noise was welcome as it drowned out any potential street noise. Breakfast was amazing....Cheese, good baguette slices, yogurt, fresh fruit AND 24 hour espresso,cappuccino and coffee. The bellhop couldn't have been nicer and VERY helpful. Neighborhood felt safe and was quiet. Within 2 blocks of the subway. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City