If your NYC visit centers on Museum Mile and environs, this hotel is a great choice. It's walking distance to all the big-name art museums. If you are a first-time NYC visitor, I would not recommend this location because you will have to navigate multiple mass transit options to reach the major tourist attractions.
The hotel is small and has Old World charm, such as a nice, small breakfast room with complimentary continental breakfast. The rooms are small. If room size is a concern, this is not a good choice for you. We have stayed in a few other NYC hotels in the past and understand that rooms in this city are small, but The Franklin was the smallest room we have yet encountered.
Although clean, the hotel is threadbare in spots. The desk in our room was scuffed and scratched, although it had a lovely ceramic chandelier. The window air conditioner, while welcome because of the outdoor temperature was as noisy as a jet plane. The neighborhood is residential, but lively. You are not "in the heart" of Manhattan, but you are in a nice place. So choose this hotel if it meets your itinerary and inclination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelPower, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City