All reviewsupper east sidewine and cheesemuseum milerooms are smallcentral parkmetropolitan museum of artyogurtnew yorkcontinental breakfastwindow unitboutique hotelwhole foodswine hourbed was comfortabletimes squareuesguggenheim
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I agree totally with willowsong. This hotel was so convenient and was so clean and fresh and very reasonably priced for NYC! We had the largest room which they call a suite. It has either a Q or K bed. There is very little wasted space and the bathroom is tiny, but we didn't need any more room than provided. Having the breakfast and late afternoon wine and cheese was wonderful. The staff was very responsive if we needed anything.It is 1 block from the subway, only a couple blocks from Central Park and near many of the museums along Museum Mile. I am going back in August to move my daughter after her internship ends and have already booked my room at the Franklin.

Room Tip: All things being equal book the suite if there are 2 people staying.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for the wonderful review. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff. And we hope to see you again in the future

Warmest Regards,

Shonda Colbourne
Operations Manager

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Franklin is a great place for people who appreciate character and value. Yes,the rooms are small--I had to do some work at my desk and could hardly squeeze myself between chair and bed--but they are also immaculately clean and very comfortable (plush bedding, surprisingly quiet). For those visiting the city it's close to museums (Met, Guggenheim) and the Lex. Ave subway is only a block away. Free continental breakfast, and wine and cheese in the evening, both very welcome. Plenty of great restaurants within walking distance. A gem!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Lisa G, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

A hidden gem! I too find the hotel full of character and charm. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you took advantage of our wonderful location by visiting the museums and nearby restaurants. Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Everyone was very nice, but the room was the smallest I've ever stayed in and the air conditioner probably the noisiest I've ever heard. Everything is tiny - you need to go single file to get into the tiny "lobby." Not for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JackTucson

Thank you for your direct feedback. You are correct, our rooms and hotel are cozy. I’m very sorry that the hotel is not for you but glad to hear the staff was pleasant.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I recently spent eight nights at The Franklin. I had read reviews so was expecting a small room, but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. By NY standards it was just perfect! The hotel is quaint and immaculate. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The breakfast in the morning was plenty to start the day and we both loved the wine and snacks available every evening. Our room was perfect for a long stay and always made up immaculately when we returned each afternoon. The location was fabulous. A block away from the green subway line and a few blocks from Central Park and great shopping on Madison Avenue! I am picky about where I stay and this is a real gem!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 82 which they said was their biggest. It had a king sized bed which we loved.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisa G, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind remarks about our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our hotel amenities and location. It’s always nice to hear that our staff is friendly and accommodating. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

on our last 8 days we moved uptown nearer to the museum mile.
Less interesting restaurants here but great transport (bus and subway) to downtown east and west. Staff at hotel fabulous, nothing too much trouble. Small boutique with about 40 + rooms, small breakfast area with excellent array of food for all cultures. Extreme logistic management enabled all to be catered for, as well as check out, in and all manner of tourist questions. Very professional. Neat and to the point.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. The staff at the hotel is definitely what makes it such a special place to stay. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.