I like this hotel very much. Tiny lobby, small rooms, but charming and clean. Comfortable bed and good shower (minuscule sink). Excellent service. Little luxuries like European-style continental breakfast, all-day cappuccino maker, wine & cheese reception in the afternoon. I prepaid through Hotels.com. However, when I checked out, i was told there was a $12/day "service charge" for all those little luxuries. Front Desk staff told me I'd have to go back to Hotels.com to arrange for a refund. Left quite a bad taste in my mouth as I left. Not sure if I'll go back. There's nothing worse than hidden fees. For $350/night, you'd think they could spot me a cup of cappuccino each night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon and Otel so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City