At first I was charmed by this small hotel on the UES - old-fashioned elevator, small yet quaint room with a nice wall-mounted TV and comfy bed. Unfortunately the air conditioner was very loud, the internet wasn't working and the breakfast selections were meager, but I still planned on giving the hotel a decent review until I checked out.... I had booked and pre-paid on-line with hotels.com, but was informed by the front desk clerk that I owed a $12 booking fee to the Franklin. I said I thought hotels.com didn't have a booking fee and was told rather rudely to pay up and take my complaint to hotels.com. Of course I did and there isn't supposed to be a booking fee. Hotels.com called the Franklin for me and they confirmed that they had charged me an extra $12, but they called it a "resort fee". Give me a break - there were no pools, tennis courts, golf courses there - it was certainly not a resort! It's not the money, it's the principle. I hate being deceived and taken advantage of, and that's how I felt when I left the Franklin. I was told it was a "booking fee", hotels.com was told it was a "resort fee". If you're going to overcharge people at least get your stories straight! If you do decide to stay at the Franklin be sure you ask about every possible hidden fee first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City