I went into the tiny dark lobby and asked if I could see a room. The person at the front desk was unfriendly and said the hotel was booked . I couldn't visit any room out of 50 ! The only place I could see was in the back. I was directed to see the back's tiny dark living room.The breakfast room was tiny and dark as well. The person at the front desk seemed annoyed with my questions told me they didn't have 2 beds in one room. I was inquiring for my brother and his son who are coming this summer and the person answered they would have to sleep in the same bed for $250 a night ! I had been talking to my sister from France on the phone and we both had such a different idea of the hotel from the website, I just wanted to let people know that this place is not what it appears to be!......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Otel, Booking.com, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City