“Perfect for our needs”

Ranked #212 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Coppell, Texas, United States
“Perfect for our needs”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed a week at the Belvedere during Spring Break. I was trying to save a little money over the full service hotels where we normally stay. This hotel was great. Location was absolutely perfect - esp. for broadway shows. The rooms are decently sized for New York. The bathroom was nice although rather small with no shelving or storage. I requested a quiet room which it was for most days (better than many I've had in NY). However day 2 and 3 had major noise during the day (about 9am-5pm). One of those days we were trying to sleep in and it was so loud I called down to see what was going on. They were literally jack-hammering the wall out of the room next to us. They offered to move us but assured us the work was only during day hours for 2 days. We decided to stick it out and it did indeed end when promised. We found the staff very nice and accommodating. Room very clean. This place is no secret though - the lobby consistently crowded and the elevator situation is abysmal. 2 extremely small and extremely slow elevators. We were 6th floor so we could do stairs when needed - but if you have someone that has to use an elevator - think about that before choosing your room. Excellent stay considering location and price.

Room Tip: Consider the elevator situation when you choose a room!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel has a perfect location to everything in Midtown. 2 blocks from subway to get to Uptown and Downtown. ($2.50 one way. I was in communication with the hotel via email before I arrived with room requests, and information about transportation. They were prompt with their responses and would try to accommodate my with my room requests. Upon arrival, we had to wait for room (we arrived earlier than check-in time). We check our bags and took a walk. I needed a quiet room not past the 6th floor. They gave me room 526 which I was concerned about since it was it faced the street and was near a side elevator. I expressed my concern and they offered to change the room in the morning if I wasn't happy. It turned out to be quiet after all. I think I only heard the elevator 2x and it was during the daytime. The street sounds of a siren or two didn't disturb our sleep (and I am a light sleeper). All the noises were during the day. The room is a very good size for a NYC hotel. The bathroom had limited vanity space so you need to use the wood storage shelving they have in the closet directly across from the bathroom. It worked out great. The only real complaint I had was with the bathroom lighting. It was very difficult to put make up on and for hubby to shave (maybe they need to use brighter lighting) The shower head stream isn't the best, so be sure to turn the handheld on at the same time and point it to your body and it fills in the gaps of the shower head. It worked great for me. The Staff was wonderful! The hotel is very clean and the service was great. Ricky and Elizabeth went out of their way to make me happy! This hotel is priced very reasonably for it's location.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of rooms next to "side" elevators. If skyline view is not essential, l...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were a group of 5 who picked the location because it was central. There was no service. We had to take up our own dirty plates. One staff even had an attitude. The food selection was limited and there was nothing to write home about either.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TequilaVancouver
MichaelLink, General Manager at The Belvedere, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear TequilaVancouver,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m sorry you were not satisfied with our breakfast service. The Belvedere Café offers self-service Continental and Full American breakfast buffets which are very popular among our guests. We have a wide variety of breakfast items including scrambled eggs, french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, sliced turkey and ham, assorted cheeses, vegetable crudité, fruit yogurt, sliced and whole fruit, fruit danish, muffins, bagels, croissants, and assorted fresh juices. Our café staff services the buffet, clears and resets tables and accommodates all guest requests. Please contact me directly with any feedback or suggestion that would enhance our guest experience in the future.
Thank you!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Belvedere, what a great experience for me and my family. Five nights stay which was very comfortable. Staff accommodated your every need, nothing was a problem. Great location in time square.Next time, in the big apple first stop Belvedere hotel.

Wilkinson family, London

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Fay W
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We stopped over for 2 nights in November. The location is just perfect, we walked up right from Time Square to Central Park from here. Tons of places to eat around, crisp and efficient, affordable rooms. Perfect base camp for exploring NY

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I went into NYC to celebrate my birthday. Upon our arrival we found out there was no power in the hotel. URGH... However, the staff was well composed and attentive to our concerns as I kept saying it's my birthday and I must take a shower before going to see a show. Con Edison and firefighters were busy trying to fix problem so all we could do was understand. Once power was restored there were several people trying to check in, so it was very busy. Ryan and Jance (I think that's her name but I apologize if it isn't) were fantastic and made sure we were on time to see our show. Such an organized staff in a stressful situation and they were all great! They are on a side street but don't let that deter you from this gem because the staff is what make this place such a gem! Besides they are within walking distance to everything!!

Room Tip: Always try to go higher up so noise won't bother you.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cascais, Portugal
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel is in a good location and the rooms are a decent size. That ends my kindness.
The elevators are slow and so tiny! The hallways stink! I found out when we were checking out that people actually live full time in the hotel in various rooms throughout. From these apartments come the smells of lots of different foods...none of them seem tasty. Made me feel sick.
The service elevator was beside our room. So loud, it kept my husband up all night.
We will not be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family