“Great Location, elegant and simple”
Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
Ranked #206 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Great Location, elegant and simple”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We stopped over for 2 nights in November. The location is just perfect, we walked up right from Time Square to Central Park from here. Tons of places to eat around, crisp and efficient, affordable rooms. Perfect base camp for exploring NY

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I went into NYC to celebrate my birthday. Upon our arrival we found out there was no power in the hotel. URGH... However, the staff was well composed and attentive to our concerns as I kept saying it's my birthday and I must take a shower before going to see a show. Con Edison and firefighters were busy trying to fix problem so all we could do was understand. Once power was restored there were several people trying to check in, so it was very busy. Ryan and Jance (I think that's her name but I apologize if it isn't) were fantastic and made sure we were on time to see our show. Such an organized staff in a stressful situation and they were all great! They are on a side street but don't let that deter you from this gem because the staff is what make this place such a gem! Besides they are within walking distance to everything!!

Room Tip: Always try to go higher up so noise won't bother you.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cascais, Portugal
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel is in a good location and the rooms are a decent size. That ends my kindness.
The elevators are slow and so tiny! The hallways stink! I found out when we were checking out that people actually live full time in the hotel in various rooms throughout. From these apartments come the smells of lots of different foods...none of them seem tasty. Made me feel sick.
The service elevator was beside our room. So loud, it kept my husband up all night.
We will not be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Calgary
Reviewed May 5, 2014

52 yr old mom and 23 yr old daughter stayed here for week. Really is an awesome location, walking distance to everything and felt very safe. Executive 2 double bed room was perfect for us. Breakfast was included but so many restaurants close including Starbucks on every corner wouldn't have used it if it wasn't included.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank razdog
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great Place , our group of 10 stayed 5 nights , totally loved the place and the people
Great rooms , everything was perfect : )
We walked to time square several times a day and night , perfect location .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa H
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Was planning on checking into the Belvedere for one night stay. Used a Hotwire prepaid rate. Unfortunately as I arrived for my stay, the power was out at the hotel. While not able to check in, I was able to check my bags, and was kept informed of the power situation. After checking back, a few hours later , the power was still out!. This was something completely out of the hotel's control as a transformer blew. The staff/managers were very honest about not being absolutely sure when the power would be restored. I was able to get a refund from hotwire and I booked at another hotel. The manager was even nice enough to confirm with hotwire (on my cell phone and he had to do it on two separate calls) that the power was indeed out which allowed me to get the refund. I really appreciated that as it was an unusual circumstance and I was cancelling my reservation. NO ONE working at this hotel at any time was rude or non-accommodating in this stressful situation. Have to believe that an actual stay would be equally pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank tomihairs
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My girlfriends and I stayed here for 6 nights and were so pleased with our choice of hotels.
Our rooms were on the 15th floor in King Executive rooms. The choice for the upgrade was that they could be adjoining or in their terms connecting. The rooms have been recently redone with very beautiful finishing s and great quality sheets, towels, and bath products. It is spotlessly clean and a bonus little nook for coffee and bar area was appreciated. There is a microwave and bar fridge located in this area. Our rooms faced the park across the way and the windows will open but when closed the rooms are very quiet. The air conditioner worked perfectly when needed. The staff in this hotel where fabulous, but we want to send accolades to Elizabeth Maranon and Marco who went above and beyond to make us feel like part of the family there. We enjoyed visits with them on the wine hour that they hosted Monday - Thursday nights from 5 - 6. This is a great time to visit with others unwind and enjoy nice wine and appetizers. We even met Elizabeth on the street and she stopped to talk and help us with any questions. The location as others have mentioned is perfect. Don't miss stopping at the Patzeria just a few steps away for another family experience and great food. Thanks again to the staff for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: They only have 2 connecting rooms so book early for these and confirm that the doors are connecting...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends