“Good location at The Belvedere”
Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
Ranked #218 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I booked this hotel for a week for my family of six, two rooms. The location is awesome if you want to be close to the restaurants and shopping. The subway is very close by and you can get a great rate if you choose the unlimited subway for five days or more. The hotel itself was very clean and a good sized room with two beds. Not much scenery but that's not what you book this hotel for, as long as it's clean, it's all good. The two negatives is the elevators are small and slow, and the internet that you have to pay for per day is very sporatic. I paid $45 for six days and I would suggest that the hotel hire a professional tech person to fix their internet service so that the customer doesn't get cut out of the internet service that the customer pays for, only to get cut off every two minutes or so. It was frustrating to go online and get cut off. You have to keep logging in all the time, so the hotel really needs to get that fixed because they charge for their internet service. Otherwise, the hotel is nice and clean and easy walking distance to food and shopping.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Poipugirl7890
MichaelLink, General Manager at The Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you found our location to be convenient. Many of our guests agree and have commented on our great location. I'm sorry to hear that your internet connection was not up to par and that you had to keep logging in. I did receive some complaints a few weeks ago and we had our technicians troubleshoot. There was an issue with one of the access points which we had replaced immediately and I have not received any complaints since. Thanks again for your comments. I hope you will come and visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Belvedere

Reviewed October 19, 2013

You can't always trust reviews, because everyone is looking for something special. However, on a recommendation from a family member we chose the Belvedere. The location at 48th and 8th is perfect for access to everything. Subway just around the corner at 50th and 8th, for travel anywhere.
The hotel itself is very well kept. We had an upgrade to an executive king and the bed, linens, towels, amenities were all excellent.
Staff was most hospitable, greeting all who came in the door, the bell men opened doors, the housekeeping staff said good morning etc.
breakfast was served in a glorious deco room with hot and continental selections.
Concierge friendly and helpful.
Elevators are slow but it's usually the result of guests unloading and loading.
We will stay there again in a heartbeat and have already recommended it to friends.
Thank you Belvedere!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edward B
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Belvedere, cautiously after reading the reviews. We stayed a week at the belvedere and to be honest I have no negatives. Staff were great, room cleanliness was great. We stayed on the 15th floor with amazing views of the city. I think the upper levels may be refurbished, but this is only a presumption based on reading other peoples reviews. The room we stayed in was a Executive King room. Super king size bed, flat screen TV Etc Etc. The location of the hotel is perfect for exploring midtown and slightly uptown, maybe as far as MONH is within comfortable walking distance. I also like that it is close to TS but not so close that the sidewalks are swarmed with tourists. The Bus authority is about 5 blocks walk.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've used this hotel each year for the past 3, and I will use it again.

It's got a gat location, just have to walk to the end of the road and you're pretty much at Times Square.

The staff have been polite and helpful on my visits.

The rooms are a nice size for those in the city, some can be small to stay in for the week but not this one. The rooms I've had before have also included microwaves and refrigerators.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LTrain09
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the theatre district. I was traveling with my sister and this was her first time in New York City. I was pleasantly surprised with the size of our room, quite big by New York City standards. I loved the mini-kitchen area, with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and even cupboard space, all set off from the bedroom. The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
A previous reviewer had commented on that fact that the doormen were never there to open the door, or just stood around doing nothing. This was not our experience, we were in and out several times a day during our visit and unless the doors were sitting open(due to the great weather while we were there)a doorman was always available to open the door with a friendly smile and greeting.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DeeMWA
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Comfy clean and roomy we had a great 5 day stay at the Belvedere New York close to Time Square and all facilities and very friendly staff and breckie was good also Judy O'Sullivan Australia October 2013

Room Tip: Try to go as high as you can we were on 7 and a bit noisy we just said added to New York experience.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was at Belvedere for the third time , ans as usual , I have wonderfull days .
Near to Times Square and subway station , the localization is great .
Big rooms , with microwave and refrigerator . You can have quiet nights .
All staff try to attend all your needs.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family