“Third time staying at The Belvedere and it was great once again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
Ranked #209 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New Hampshire
“Third time staying at The Belvedere and it was great once again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Teenager and I did two day mom/daughter NYC trip, staying at The Belvedere. I've stayed twice before, once for business and once for pleasure. I always get an Executive room (Deluxe is their standard room, with Executive being newer furnishings, beautiful marble tiling and free WiFi.) Always clean, spacious (for NYC) room. I love the location off a block or two from Times Square. It's really a neighborhood street and I feel very comfortable walking to/from hotel even at night. 9th Avenue has so many ethnic restaurants and a Duane Reade pharmacy/convenience store if you need anything you forgot to pack, etc. We walked to a Broadway show, to Central Park and even the Hudson River. Subway stop a few blocks away got us to Village and downtown quick and easy. I've never had an elevator issue and staff has always been very friendly. I really reccommend The Belvedere. Great location, reasonable rates and clean, nice rooms. Tips: Amy's Bread is on 9th and 46th/47th: great pastries and fresh delicious sandwiches. All the 9th Ave. restaurants will save you money over the ones in Times Square and they are "real NY" places where the people who live/work in the neighborhood eat.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank wendynh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Belvedere is a wonderful place to stay when visiting NYC. The location was just what we were looking for. Right by Times Square and the Theatre District. We were able to walk to Times Square just a couple of blocks away, and there were three subway stations nearby. Lots of restaurants to choose from in the area, and we were able to walk to many places. The room was very clean and very roomy for being an older hotel in NYC. We had four of us in the room and had plenty of space. It was quiet since it is off the main street and a couple of blocks away from Times Square. There is a super friendly restaurant with great food just a couple of doors away called Patzeria Family & Friends. It is a great restaurant to go to for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night dessert. The people there make you feel like family and make you feel very welcome in NYC. We also had great service at the concierce's desk at the Belvedere. They were extremely helpful and had great suggestions to help us see what we wanted to see during our visit.

Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My daughters and I stayed at this hotel Apr 15-17, 2013. The staff was very professional, kind and helpful. We had absolutely no problems with the elevators at any time of day or night. The room was extremely clean and quiet, The bathroom was marble with three mirrors. This was my first stay in NYC and the Belvedere helped make it memorable. It is close to many very good restaurants, within walking distance of theaters and tourist sights or the subway to get anywhere you need to go. The restaurants ranged from "Mom and Pop" type to family to upper end. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks you Belvedere staff. :)

Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location, is clean and has friendly staff.
A quick walk to Times Square to the east and the restaurants on 9th to the west. The subway is also very close. We easily walked everywhere we wanted to go.
The room was clean and well appointed, no problems at all. The room had a microwave, a bar fridge and a safe.
I've seen other comments on the elevators being slow, however this was not an issue during our 4 day stay, not once.
I will recommend The Belvedere to my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AUS_in_US_13
Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

The location is perfect, but that is one of the few things this hotel has going for it. Be prepared for a 10 minute delay if you use the elevators. Two small, old and slow elevators are grossly inadequate fo the number of guests. On day one, half of the channels on my TV were not working, and the bed was sloppily made, with sheets that did not fit and were not even tucked in. The mattress was also soft and lumpy, so they had to place a board underneath it for me to be able to get some sleep. The AC is so noisy, you cannot have it on at night. To be fair, the staff were responsive to my requests, and tried to fix things as much as they could. The worst surprise was on checkout, when I discovered that the rate I had been quoted for the first night did not actually apply for the whole 4 night stay. The rate goes up "based on room availability" which in my case meant that the rate almost doubled. Unfortunately, due to the ambiguous wording on the reservation,this was not clear to me. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MichaelLink, General Manager at The Belvedere, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Yvonne M,
I apologize for the elevator delays you experienced during your recent stay with us. We are upgrading one of our elevators which requires significant changes to the mechanics and electronics. We are working hard to complete this project as soon as possible as it will improve the overall service to our guests.
I’m sorry to hear that you felt our mattress was too soft. All of our mattresses have been replaced in the last 2 years and we get many compliments on the comfort of our new beds. We also have a mattress purchase program that has been used by several guests who wanted to buy one for home. Although we try to choose products that will appeal to as many guests as possible, I do recognize that this can sometimes be difficult to accomplish. I’m happy to hear that the staff provided a mattress board for your bed to make it more comfortable for your preference.
Our rates are very competitive with other hotels in midtown Manhattan. Rates do fluctuate based on demand and day of the week and can sometimes change several times a day based on these factors. I'm sorry you thought the rate was the same for each day throughout your stay, but our rates are clearly disclosed when making a reservation.
Thank you for your comments and I hope you will consider the Belvedere if returning to New York City.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

An excellent hotel and extremely convenient! Blocks from the theater district! My sister and I were there overnight to see plays and found this an excellent place to stay. It is next to restaurants. The sleeping accommodations are excellent and I didn't notice any noise. I do wish it had wifi, however.

Cumberland Center, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel was in a perfect spot - close to restaurants in the Hell's Kitchen area and within a short walking distance of theaters and Times Square.

Hotel staff were helpful and everything was clean. My only complaint was there was not enough counter space in the bathroom nor any shelves in the shower and the elevators could sometimes require a long wait

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013