“Great hotel”
Review of Belvedere Hotel

Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #219 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in February. The hotel is in a great central location, the rooms were clean and quiet and the staff were generally very helpful. The Bell staff were sometimes a little distracted but overall a very good hotel. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone travelling to NYC.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank remus128
Write a ReviewReviews (5,511)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My daughter and I traveled together with a group and four of us stayed at the Belvedere Hotel for three nights. We were on a millennium holiday all the way from sunny South Africa.and I remember how we enjoyed our stay.

From the time we arrived to the time we left we were welcomed and always assisted by friendly staff.
Our room was not too big but spacious enough and the beds comfortable where we rested our tired bodies after being out for the whole day exploring and touring the city with all its sights and sounds..;)

The location of the hotel was in close proximity of just about everything, and it was easy walking our way to the subways,Time Square, Broadway, Macy's and so much more.
The friendly helpful staff at the lobby was always willing and able to assist us whenever we needed advice and directions to the different tourist sites.

Before leaving the hotel for our next leg of our vacation to Washington DC via the grey hound
we enjoyed a complimentary breakfast..really delicious and scrumptious..!.
I recommend this hotel and will go back there if I land up in NYC again.

Room Tip: We stayed quite high up and therefore got a nicer view of the outside area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenixwp
Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you want to be close to Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Broadway and 5th Avenue shopping, then this is the hotel for you. We walked to everything. Great location, price and hotel. Our room was quite comfortable and quiet! Bell staff seemed a little distracted at times (flirting with girl and arguing with passerby) which left me struggling to get the door etc but the front desk staff was great. Our flight home was canceled so we needed to stay an extra night, they gave us the option of having our same room, for half price which was great and made being "stranded" easier to bear. The only reason I would consider not staying here is if my goal was to be closer to Soho, Little Italy etc. Also, if you want to hear Times Square and see the bright lights form you room, not the hotel for you. That is why we loved it..close to the action but gave us a nice break as well!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pjm24Co
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Me and my sister stayed 4 nights in an executive room. The room was fantastic. It was close to Times Square close to most subway lines and centrally located in Manhattan. It also had a fridge and a coffee maker, both of which are hard to come by in Manhattan hotel rooms. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to NYC.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank calgarytravler
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Staff very helpful and bilingual
I was on room 519 and have some view (but not a great one)
The hotel was close to main attractions such as times square (very near) and Rockefeller center (like 4 blocks away)
Have small kitchenette (refrigerator, microwave and sink)
Have a lot of restaurants near to eat (Italian restaurants, Starbucks, subway, and fast foods like McDonald's in times square)
Great breakfast but expensive (not complementary)
In the middle of my stay apparently the plumbing explode in some floor and activate the fire alarm and it was ringing all night long and also the water mess on the hallway
On the bathroom the water was white (with a lot of clorox)
Small rooms but most of new york hotels have small rooms
Have 4 small elevators and two of them was broken because of the water problem

Room Tip: Try to get a high room if you want to have a great view and the Executive Room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
MichaelLink, General Manager at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Vidal G,
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Belvedere. It’s great to hear that our location was convenient to the attractions, transportation and the many great restaurants in our neighborhood.
I apologize for any inconvenience that was caused by the water line rupture during your stay. Unfortunately, as with many accidents, it’s impossible to anticipate something like this. The safety of our guests is always one of our primary concerns and we did our best to manage the emergency and the few short alarms that sounded throughout the night after the initial alarm went off. The fire panel was affected by the flood and malfunctioned during the event. We were finally able to silence the alarm when the fire department gave us clearance to do so. Since the initial flood and over the past week, we have been able to restore everything that was damaged with little inconvenience to our guests.
I hope you will stay with us again to experience the Belvedere at its usual best.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there with 5 other family members and we liked this hotel. The elevators were fine while we were there. I confess I arrived a little worried about them after reading some reviews and their complaints about this hotel elevators. We were lucky.
Our rooms were on the10th floor with a good city view. From one of the rooms was possible to see some lights from Times Square. The bedding was okay. Nice tv and great toiletries in the bathroom. Small but functional bathroom but the hot water was hard to control and my sister burned her hand with that. Nothing terrible bad but could be much better if they would do some work on the bathrooms.
The room had a coffee maker, a little sink, a microwave and an empty little fridge ( I love when they are empty and you can put your own water, fruits and yogurt there!)
We thought the location was nice and quiet. Very close to all the action, theaters and The heating system was a problem since we couldn't control it - but at least we could open the windows a little. I also deeply dislike the drapes and carpet. It's hard to find but it's so wonderful to have a hotel room without carpet...

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at the Belvedere many times and recommended it to friends, but this last trip was terribly disappointing. The location is great, but management has really deteriorated. One of the 2 passenger elevators was out-of-service. I had great difficulty getting WI-FI to work and the front desk seemed clueless. They have closed the gift shop so there is no where to get a newspaper, bottled water, or a snack. We were here primarily for theatre, and left our room at 2Pm one day and asked the desk to have the room serviced. when we returned at 10PM the room hadn't been touched.
I used to love this place, but will start looking for an alternative, most guest-conscious site.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Operations319, Manager at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear MbarkMinneapolis,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent visit to The Belvedere Hotel. I value your comments and I am equally disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectations as on previous visits.
Our two main elevators were out of service due to an unexpected water pipe burst in the building, the other two elevators at the end of the corridor were operational during that time. I apologize for the delays and inconvenience that were caused by this issue.
I am very sorry to hear that your room was not serviced when you returned to the hotel at 10pm; I will be addressing this issue with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure this does not happen in the future.
We value your views and comments regarding our services and would like the opportunity to show you that what you experienced is not the rule at The Belvedere Hotel. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

J. Vargas