“Great hotel, Great Price, Great Location”
Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
Ranked #210 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Great hotel, Great Price, Great Location”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Two blocks from times square, right in "Little Brasil" in NYC, this hotel is upscale, and for the price a great buy. Stay exceeded my expectations, and I would be happy to visit this hotel again. Walking distance to metro, to Times Square, and to many of the theatres of Broadway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I haved worked for a luxury hotel for many years and regularly stay in four and five-star full-service hotels...so my expectations are always higher than my budget. :-) I was beyond blown away by this staff's kindness and attention to detail! I had a minor medical emergency one night (and am 6-months pregnant). Ann (overnight), Julia and Gabriela went way above and beyond to make sure I was safe, well and comfortable. Gabriela even called my room the next day to check in on me. It was almost better than being at home! The rooms were spacious (especially by NYC standards!) and spotless. The location is safe and convenient - walking distance to the heart of Times Square and Hell's Kitchen. And I loved the convenience of a mini-fridge and microwave in my room. I plan to return to the Belvedere every time I have a reason to visit NYC (about 4 times a year) as a result of this first stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4-night stay at The Belvedere. We reserved an "executive queen" room based on reviews and the website description. The room had nice furnishings and sufficient space - especially drawer and closet space - so we totally unpacked rather than living out of our suitcases. The bathroom was large and clean, but a bit awkward because there is little counter space for makeup and the like. We did not require the staff's assistance with anything during our stay, but they did seem both efficient and friendly.
The location of this hotel is great. It is a little bit of a walk to The Metropolitan Museum and The Guggenheim, but everything else we had planned to do was close by - restaurants, the theatre and MOMA. Also, an easy walk to The Daily Show - a fun thing to do. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was street-side on the 17th floor. It was a bit noisy-probably more so because we kept the...
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katherine J
CA
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Based on previous reviews, we chose an upgraded room for our stay in NYC. The room was spacious, and the stay lived up to all expectations, and more. The staff was very courteous and we look forward to another stay when we return.

• Stayed January 2013
Knoxville,TN
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I just recently had a 3 night stay at the Belvedere. This was our 4th stay at the property. It hasn't changed a whole lot since our first visit 10 years ago. We saw many of the same faces which is always a good sign. If you are looking for a place that has all the bells and whistles this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a place that is clean, safe, comfortable and a great location then this is your choice. It meets all our expectaions and would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone. Just wish they had a discount for repeat patrons.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rpgovols
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here with my partner in late January on a surprise trip to New York to celebrate my birthday. Having read the reviews which suggested asking in advance for a room with a view if this was required, we emailed prior to arriving to request this and were given a lovely room on the top floor. We had booked a king room and were pleasantly surprised- the room was quite spacious (by New York standards) but the bed was amazing! Not only was it absolutely massive, but very comfortable with soft linens - perfect for a great night's sleep after all the walking during the day. The bathroom was pretty dated and basic, but for all the time we spent in the hotel it wasn't something that we were particularly fussed about. If this is something that's important to you, I believe the upgraded rooms have more modern suites. We also had quite a few problems with the shower in our suite but we managed to get by without any major inconvenience.

location wise, the hotel is perfect- it's just a few minutes walk from many major attractions including Times Square and top of the rock. Also, as the hotel is situated in Hell's Kitchen, there are some great places to eat nearby. Patzeria Italian restaurant serves good hearty food at reasonable prices, Amy's bread is just around the corner and is amazing for breakfast. If you like Mexican, try Anejo which is only a few blocks away.

We had no problem with unfriendly staff- everyone we spoke to was professional and friendly (however, the concierge do expect to be tipped, but I think that's typical of New York in general, not the hotel)

Overall, we were satisfied with our stay as the hotel was fine for everything we needed. Only disappointment was that there were limited facilities in the hotel itself ie no restaurant or room service (we wanted to have a bottle of wine sent up when we arrived)

Would recommend for those looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price in a great location.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy K
New York
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My family and I had a great stay here in early February. The price was very reasonable. Our room with two double beds was modern, good sized and clean. The concierge were both extremely helpful. Location wise, you can't beat it. The area around the hotel is a comfortable, safe area - great for walking. One block to the west is 9th Street, the heart of Hell's Kitchen with its great restaurants and bars. You could stay here a month and have a wonderful meal at a different restaurant in this area every night. A couple of blocks to the east is the Theater District and Times Square. You won't go wrong choosing this hotel and this area of Manhattan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family