We are 2 adults ages 44&55 from Nj--having a get away.
Where to begin. Doorman attentive, bellman always in lobby. You are able to get a taxi easily. I walked from the bus terminal on 42, 6 short blocks north, take a left and its half way down the street. Check-in was easy. Staff i encountered SUPER polite, knowledgable and friendly. I arrived at 1:30 and my room was not ready and Margaret took my cell phone and called me at lunch when it was. How great is that?!
Lobby is gorgeous. Built in 1928 (please look at the outside of this building-dont make em like this anymore) all art deco, reminds me of the Empire state Building. Two old elevators SO DEAL PEOPLE. They are smaller due to the time it was built and they run slower, so take time to check out the architecture and the cool mail slot that runs between them. There is private guest only bathrooms in lobby, a small business center, cafe and access to the Brazilian Steakhouse.
Room---DARLING. This is NY folks. Older hotels are NOT BIG. Just like in Rome and Paris etc. A floor to ceiling marble tile entrance with the kitchenette (micro/coffee station/mini fridge) and pretty large closet with a robe/iron board/iron/blow dryer and safe.
Bathroom with full sleek tub. Huge wall mirrors and a standing sink, so not tons of spacr for toiletries. towels for two. Do be careful that the floors are slick due to the marble here, so older folks take care. Then you enter the bedroom area which is just so relaxing. Lots of molding, great paint and paper, lovely quality bedding and a bed to die for. Tv, nightstands that expand. A desk and chair. Plenty of space for clothes. Our particular view was breathtaking. See my pics.
Lots of information in the room about NY etc. There is room service for lunch and dinner til late and the prices were so reasonable for roomservice i was shocked, Breakfast is a buffet in cafe or you can take it out but you have to go down to get it i believe.
Buffet. Is $20 per person and we loved it. Normal choices and we got drinks to go. There is a place right next door that does a breakfast for $10 if this is too steap or you are small eaters.
Noise. We heard nothing from the outside and we were on the 15th floor. We diid hear our neighbors very easiliy however. Oh well, older buildings dont have the same insulation as new. Do be sure to PULL YOUR ROOM DOOR shut. New hotels have those heavy spring action jobs, these doors cant be the originals but they are not the new heavy ones and i came back from getting a soda and my door was ajar.
Would i stay here again-- YOU BET! It is 2 blocks from times square and all the theaters. 6 blocks from the bus stop, 5 blocks from central park i mean come on...you can walk anyplace from here even The Met--bring good shoes ladies and carry heals. Out of towners remember NYC is colder than anyplace else due to the wind channels and lack of sun from the shadows so bring or buy hats/scarves/gloves and wraps
I also MUST comment on a few other posts....This is NYC. It is expensive. When a bellman stores your bags or carries them to your room or to a taxi a tip is part of the deal. Thats how they survive. When you eat at the buffet, even when its included in your room deal leave a tip! We saw every single table around us eat and leave...i was sick. The few more bucks isnt gonna break you- if you can aford a trip to NYC please budget for all these services. There are current wesites that display going tip rates for all services. Please non-US folks especially take this advice. These folks dont make a salary and then tips/sometimes only tips. OK got that off my chest-lol
I do agree the room was weirdly warm, but the thermostate was right there and THE WINDOWS OPEN which i think is the coolest thing. How often do you get that?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belvedere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc