5,850 results
All reviewstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkexecutive roomrestaurant rowfridge and microwavefire stationcoffee makerfood emporiumhell's kitchenaround the cornerthe theater districtquiet streetsmall kitchenettecentral parktwo blocksan older hotel
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Belvedere with my teenage granddaughter. Our stay was very pleasant due in large part to the very accommodating staff. We arrived early and were able to stow our bags until check-in time. We also stowed our bags at check-out. The Bellman even marked our luggage tag with instructions for a taxi to take us to Port Authority later that day. Giving proper kudos to the staff is only part of a positive review. From my point of view the two most important things when staying in a hotel are still sleep comfort and cleanliness. Our room at the Belvedere was spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable. The bed sheets were bright and crisp. The bathroom was filled with fluffy white towels and the most delightful Sicilian orange scented soaps and lotions. Although the hotel was built in the 1920's, it has been carefully maintained and tastefully updated. Our room had plenty of space including a big closet and a separate area with a sink, microwave and refrigerator. Situated on a tree lined street, the hotel's neighborhood is safe and within walking distance of New York's most popular attractions. Take advantage of the little Italian restaurant next door. They serve delicious food in a family atmosphere for a fraction of what other NYC restaurants charge. I will definitely stay at the Belvedere on my next trip to NYC and recommend this "Big Apple Gem" to all.

Room Tip: We liked our room 1008 . Our window looked out on 48th Street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Roni J
MichaelLink, General Manager at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear rozeroni,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at the Belvedere Hotel. I'm happy that you had a pleasant stay and the staff was accommodating. I'm pleased to hear of your satisfaction with the hotel cleanliness, bed comfort, kitchenette and bathroom amenities. And I'm thrilled to hear you will be staying with us again on your next visit to New York City. I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

... depending on what you are doing in NYC. If you are going to the Thanksgiving Day Parade and Times Square and Theater; this is a good spot. The hotel lobby is surprisingly spacious. The desk reception is helpful. The doormen are excellent. The room we had was a large room on the 5th floor. Not much of a view but it was the 5th floor and we didn't really care since we were not staying in NYC to stay at the hotel. This was the first time I had stayed at the Belvedere. My wife has stayed there several times before. Being former residents, we did enjoy the location and having the family with us was not only welcomed but a treat. If you stay here, I would suggest using the side elevators instead of the central elevators as those are significantly slower because everyone uses them. A nice aspect of the lobby (should have mentioned this earlier) is that they have the flight times for all flights leaving the major airports electronically posted by the front doors of the hotel. No need to call or get on-line to check flights. The hotel will also print your boarding passes for free. I think we will stay here again if our next NYC trip is centered on Midtown.

There was a downside ... I did not find the bed particularly comfortable. That may have been because my wife and I have a king size bed and we were on full sized beds but even when laying on it by myself; I didn't find it very comfortable. This was the only negative for me in the room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice hotel, near to all attractions and good restaurants in Manhattan. Rooms clean are very comfortable w/frig,microwave and coffee maker. Breakfast was included in our price and was good. We enjoy our stay and will look forThe Belvedere in our next trip to N.Y.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Nice hotel. Good location. Clean & comfy. Beds OK. Fair price. Gym moderate sized, but nice (and free). Lots of restaurants nearby. They have breakfast available - about $20 for full breakfast, but easy to walk to other restaurants. There was a refrig and microwave in room. Small coffee pot - not so good coffee. Grocery store 2 blocks away on 8th.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Debonthego
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my girlfriend in October during hurricane Sandy. Even with the city in chaos the staff of the Belvedere were impeccable and they needed to be with some particularly tricky customers knocking around. The hotel is very nice and we really enjoyed our stayed here. The rooms were probably the nicest of the 5 hotels we stayed in while in New York. The doorman Luis stood out in particular of all of the staff! Thoroughly recommended the Belvedere!

• Stayed: October 2012