Belvedere Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
  • Room Service
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$128
$116
  • Pool
$437
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
GardenInn.com
$369
$316
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$225
$123
Park Central
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
5,664 results
All reviewstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkexecutive roomrestaurant rowfridge and microwavefire stationcoffee makerfood emporiumaround the cornerhell's kitchenquiet streetthe theater districtsmall kitchenettecentral parktwo blocksair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here twice on business, 3 nights each. Location is fantastic, just walk to Times Square in 10 mins in the middle of all the action. Although my work took me to distant places, the feeling of returning back almost to the heart of the city was unbeatable. The hotel itself is a bit tired, they try hard to be modern, but one can discern that the fittings are well worn. I was given a room right next to the lift and boy, was that a nightmare! The old lifts create a huge clamour, esp when they come to a stop and the doors bang shut. I could hardly sleep the whole night.
Next day I demanded a room far away from the lift, and because they didn't have one on the lower floors, they had to upgrade me to the higher floor with a better room. The next time I checked in, I made sure they were not sneaky and allot me a room next to the lift. The staff exchanged a knowing look, realising I was an old hand. If you are not choosy and careful, they'll palm off noisy and dingy rooms on you.
The Penn station is close by and connections are excellent.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank cuudlybear69
MichaelLink, General Manager at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Foodisseaur,
Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry the room you were assigned was next to the elevator and you were disturbed by noise. This is not a common complaint and there is no reason for the staff to be sneaky about the way the rooms are assigned. Guests have all kinds of preferences and some guests may dislike a room that another guest prefers. We do not make assumptions about guest preferences. We do our best to accommodate all special requests when they are made known, but it’s not always possible due to availability.
We value your patronage. Please contact me before your next so I can make sure your requests are accommodated.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at The Belvedere for five days and found that most of the hotel staff were not very friendly. The Concierge staff were very helpful. The rooms were very small but clean and we didn't think the beds were particularly comfy. We were at the end of the hall where the service elevator was and it was pretty noisy at night. The advantage of this hotel was the location for theater and also bus tours of the city. There were a few good places to eat nearby which was an advantage. We didn't use the hotel restaurant since the menu didn't appeal to us---nor the cost as compared to nearby restaurants. They had computers in the business center but you had to pay $5 for them.

Room Tip: I would keep an eye out for bargain rates for this hotel, but there are others nearby which may have similiar rates.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear TwoinVA,
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Belvedere Hotel. I’m sorry to hear that you did not feel the hotel staff was very friendly during your visit. Our guests are our primary concern and I’m disappointed you did not experience the hospitality the Belvedere is known for. I’m also sorry you did not find our mattresses comfortable. The mattress was chosen because of its popularity in many upscale hotels and resorts and I’m saddened you were not satisfied with our selection.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the outstanding service the Belvedere has to offer if visiting New York City in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed 6 nights at The Belvedere this past week and would definitely recommend it. Stayed in the renovated Executive King (per recommendations from tripadvisor) on the 15th floor which provided ample room, a comfortable bed, and a great location! It's a quick stroll to Times Square and numerous theaters. We used the 50th subway station alot (just a couple of minutes away) - it is so easy to get around the city! Only reason for not rating it 5/5 was the elevators are slow. I recommend taking the side elevators at the end of each hallway: on a busy afternoon, you may wait 5-10 minutes(not exaggerating) to get downstairs/upstairs in the main elevators. If you are a patient person, don't let this stop you from staying at The Belvedere. My husband and I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights in room on 16th floor. Picked this hotel because of the Art Deco descriptions, and right by theatre land. Entrance hall very attractive but kept having to remind ourselves that the dark and dingy decor elsewhere was probably to retain the character! Bedroom had Kingsize bed and small bathroom with tiny tired kitchenette containing microwave and fridge. Only paper cups and no cutlery, but two mugs delivered when requested. Staff were pleasant and very helpful and reassuring, especially when we needed assistance tracing some lost property. Real downside was that wifi was not free, and when we paid for access for three days only one gadget was covered. Having toured in three different States and stayed at a number of hotels where there was excellent free wifi (including motels) we found this frustrating, especially as we use iCloud. Solved this by going each night to the Crowne Plaza hotel bar by Times Square where there was free wifi but feel The Belvedere needs to move with the times. Had breakfast out each morning - recommend the Athenee bistro ( turn left out the hotel, then first right, about 5 mins). Excellent Swiss run restaurant next door to the hotel, but recommend going a bit further afield to find a really nice place for dinner.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here for four nights and although we were comfortable I feel a little short changed.

The staff I came accross were eager to help but only because they were eager to get tips. One bell boy even admitted thios to my mother!! The rooms were great, not spacious but that is to be expected in NY. They were clean and the maid was superb. Perfect location, close to Times Square but I do feel that when busy the lifts would be a nightmare. We had to wait ages sometimes as there are oinly two small lifts and before you say it......... we were on the 10th floor!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from street side rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family