“Friendly Staff, conveniently located”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
Ranked #205 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Birmingham, Alabama
“Friendly Staff, conveniently located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel is located close to Times Square in the Theatre District, and is also close to many subway stations and Hell's Kitchen. The staff were very accommodating, and went out of their way to help us avoid hassle. After extending our stay by a night, we were originally slated to have to move rooms (which we were fine with), but they rearranged it so that we didn't have to in the end. We also had a clogged shower drain when we arrived, but it was fixed right away when we notified the front desk. The hallway outside our room smelled a bit odd, but the room itself was fine. The Air Conditioning unit was located in the window, which was inconvenient because the window drapes had to be open for the AC to affect the room. Otherwise the stay was wonderful, and I must say that those beds were incredibly comfortable!

Room Tip: Our view was terrible, basically overlooking a bunch of dumpsters. This didn't matter to us, an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hotel was just off Times Square in a quieter street. Well presented hotel, with helpful and friendly staff. Room booked was a double, double with small kitchen area. Very comfortbale beds and quiet for sleeping. Would recommend for any age group.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AnnSheffieldShefield
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Belvedere Hotel for 5 nights for our anniversary trip, after hearing about it from her parents who had stayed here a couple times. We were in NYC to see the US Open tennis tournament, go to Broadway shows and to enjoy the city for a week. Fantastic time. We arrived before Noon on a Sunday and the front desk greeted us and stored our bags while we hustled over to the Book of Mormon box office in time to put our names in for the same day ticket lottery. While we were waiting for the results, the hotel staff called my mobile to let me know they had a room ready...and then we went back to the ticket office and found out we WON Book of Mormon tickets! What an incredible start to our trip! Recommend others try the lottery - its just around the corner from The Belvedere, and you just need to show up 2.5 hrs prior to any show. This hotel staff knows how to provide outstanding service. Special thanks to the GM, Mr Link, and many others for working efficiently to make our stay so enjoyable. Whenever we had a request, someone was there within minutes to assist. While some say the elevators are small or slow, let me assure you this was not an issue for us the entire week and we made plenty of trips up & down. There we a few cases where someone couldn't get on the elevator because it was full, but another one was coming right behind it. The benefits of this hotel's location, the good rates for NYC, the rooms, service and all the other positives far outweighed any concerns. I would recommend the Belvedere Hotel to anyone and will definitely stay here again!
Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Riverton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I just returned home from my first trip ever to New york City. I was VERY impressed with the location, not to far from TIme Square , great location to the tour buses.the staff were amazing ( dave the door man ) I wish I could recall all the names of the staff who gave me directions, helped calm my fears about being in NEw York City on a girls vacation( not use to being without my husband). It was just the best, the staff were willing to help before I even knew I needed help.Knowing that they been had so kind and willinging helping me with all my concerns and questions , i know that if i had an issue arise i could go back to the hotel and ask anyone woring there for advise and I would get it. I loved the room , and sometimes it was hard to get out of bed becasue I was so comfortable. I will be back to NYC with my husband and this will be my hotel of choice

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank michca_99
phoenix, az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

So many outstanding features, other than the wonderful location. This hotel has a good size under cabinet fridge, coffeemaker plus coffee welcome package, decent size microwave, in a compact kitchen area. The room was spotless clean and all linens and amenities fresh and pillows smelled fresh too. We booked a deluxe two doublebed room which still turned out spacious, not cramped. Check in/out was efficient and friendly. They actually acknowledge you even while still standing in line. The staff always greet you, not typical New York. So nice. The location is superb. Close to Times Square, restaurants, stores, theatre area, and subways and bus so convenient. New York hotel business is competitive but this one will get my business all the time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank racoontraveler
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I booked a room for the NYC Marathon but I got injured and am unable to run. The hotel granted me with a full refund ($1700) provided I show them a statement from my doctor. So I didn't actually stay at the hotel- but I was extremely grateful that I wasn't out $1700.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo