I like the Marriott hotels and Algonquin is part of the chain. It is also listed on our corporate approved hotel. I stayed there 5 nights mainly because my first choice was fully booked. I prefer modern hotels, but Algonquin offers great modern facility inside authentic old building. The rennovation paid attention to the minor details and the rooms are of very high standard. However, most of them are small as one would expect from NYC hotel. Bath room is clean and modern with shower, but everything is dense in a way that works nice. The room and bath are very clean and greatly maintained. They offer La-Occitane bath products, which is very nice. There is also good coffee 24x7 at the lobby, and 24x7 small gym that despite its small size offers reasonable options for work out.
The staff is great. Very polite, willing to help and helpful in the restaurant, reception and bell boy.
I had 2 dinners there. The food is good and the pricing of the fixed manu is also good. However, if you go a-la-cart you will pay significantly more.
I liked the location. 3 minutes from Times square, but still relatively quiet with good sleep quality.
The things I like less are:
1. Most of the rooms are facing back yard. This is good in terms of noise, but there is very little day light in the room (I stayed at 6th floor).
2. Breakfast pricing is exaggerated. Granola parfiat, which is small cupt with granole and about two spoons of yogurt with some berries cost $16; add coffee for additional $7... Don't get confuse the coffee is not included even though they offer it to you as if this is free. wWell NYC is not cheap, but $23++ for cup of coffee and cup of granola....at least they could have put more yogurt so one doesn't eat dry granola. Other products are as much expensive for breakfast.
3. Afternoon and in the evening there was no hot water, but more like warm water.
There is convenient parking across the street for $35 to hotel guests. There are good restaurants nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection(R), is an AAA Four Diamond luxury hotel located just a block from the lights of Time Square and steps from Fifth Avenue shopping. We are one of the most distinct boutique hotels in the Midtown area thanks to our rich history and impeccable hospitality. The historic Algonquin Hotel provides the allure of New York City charm and has created a tradition of meticulous and prodigious service with more than a century of playing host to influential guests. Our guest rooms offer luxurious features and amenities, including complimentary wifi, 37-inch flat-panel TVs, backlit mirrors, iHome clock radios with an iPod docking station and Beekman 1802 bath amenities. Our Times Square hotel's dedicated staff will carefully note your individual requirements and preferences upon arrival to best attend to your needs and wishes while traveling. We also offer a prime location near the theater district on Broadway, fashionable NYC shopping destinations and endless attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algonquin Hotel New York City
- Algonquin New York City