The Surrey
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Mark(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Third Ave House(New York City)
Good 3.5/5
    Hotel Plaza Athenee(New York City)
    • Restaurant
    The Franklin(New York City)
    Good 3.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    Lowell Hotel(New York City)
    • Restaurant
    Bristol Plaza(New York City)
    Excellent 5/5
    • Pool
    Hotel Olcott(New York City)
    Very Good 4/5
    • Room Service
    • Room Service
    • Fitness center
    The Melrose Hotel(New York City)
    Average 3/5
    • Bar/Lounge
    1,958 results
    All reviewscafe bouludupper east sidecentral parkbar pleiadesgrand deluxe salonrelais chateauxmadison avenuerooftop gardennew yorkmuseum mileroom servicein room diningluxury hotelfavorite hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelturn down service
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed May 24, 2010

The Surrey is an excellent small hotel in the stylish upper East Side. Our room was comfortable, well appointed, and extremely quiet! The front desk and all of the Surrey Staff members were very friendly and professional. The on-site Cafe Boulud is marvelous (don't miss Sunday brunch!) , and sitting at the sidewalk tables is a wonderful NYC experience. We are looking forward to our stay at the Surrey.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
    Swadama, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2010

Dear Cubfantravels,

Thank you for choosing the Surrey and for posting your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am excited to share your comments with my team and happy to know that we could create a positive impression of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back and wish you the best.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 21, 2010

This is a fantastic boutique hotel that makes you feel very welcome from the moment you walk through the doors until you're in the taxi heading for the airport. We stayed here last week on a very short last minute honeymoon, and received nothing but the best service. Hotels location is also a bonus right off central park. The staff are a credit to the hotel. And the beds are great, best nights sleep i've had in years, very comfortable.

Dear Carrowbane,

Thank you for choosing the Surrey and for taking the time to post a review.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am happy to read your comments and even more so, becasue we could make your special occasion even that much better. I will gladly share with my team.

Congratulations and look forward to being a part of your future anniversaries.

Thank you again.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

I have to start out by saying that a friend recommended The Surrey. I did not want to stay there because i would much rather be downtown, where the action is, than the Upper East Side. Maybe because it was a gorgeous weekend, Spring was in bloom and the park up the block, but the location did not bother me a bit.

We are getting tired of paying $600 - $900 for a good room in New York and we found this hotel to be a GREAT value. I am not sure if all of the rooms are suites, but our suite was very tastefully decorated. I actually used the living room. The bed was terrific ( It may have been a Duxiana bed) and the pillows were also very good. The bar was not what i would call a "hot spot", but was very classy and we enjoyed being "adults" in that environment. You could get oysters on the half shell and a chilled Chardonnay outside on the patio...what could be better.

It is not a "big action" hotel, but i will probably go back there on our next trip to New York. If you dont mind being out of the action of downtown, then this is a perfect alternative.

Dear Casa360,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Surrey and thank you for posting your review.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am happy you decided to give the Upper East Side a try, personally, I love it. Our beds are indeed Duxiana and I am happy to read you did try and enjoy the bar as well.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and thank you again.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

If you are looking for the perfect luxury hotel in NYC, look no further than the Surrey Hotel on the Upper East Side. The beds are the best in NYC; extremely plush and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and they make you feel extremely welcome. It's the perfect combination of elegance and comfort. I would highly recommend the Surrey Hotel to anyone traveling to NYC.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo

Dear Jerdog1227,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Surrey and thank you for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. i am excited you enjoyed and will happily share your comments with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the best.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

recently renovated- gorgoeus lobby and rooms- excellent location- beautiful neighborhood. Front desk staff were gracious, friendly and efficient. upgraded us to a small suite- -rooms were spotless-bathroom was well appointed with a great design- and wonderful toiletries provided. upon arrival there were problems with the 2 flat screen tvs- however a call to front desk and very quickly the repair person arrived remedy the situation. service is very responsive. luxurious sheets and bedding- ordered room service from cafe bolud- food was beautifully presented and delicious! cant wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
    Swadama, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2010

Dear Queenie12348,

Thank you for choosing the Surrey and for posting a review.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am happy to read your comments and am excited to share with my team. They work very hard to ensure that all guests have a positive experience and we are all happy we did succeed with you.

I look forward to your return visit to the Surrey and thank you again.