This is not a spot for the budget conscious, but those who really prefer the East Side of Manhattan, the elite fascination of Fifth Avenue and the parade of shops along Madison. It's a very nice place located on East 66th Street, or thereabouts. All the chic details of the moderne boutique hotel are here - luxury linens, English bath items, soothing but contemporary color combinations. It is not a big bustling place. But it is cordial, and sleek; the lobby is chic indeed.
The New York City sun reflects in a most fabulous, gilded way from the assorted balconies; the nearby Hotel Carlyle looks like a magic Deco monument just across the way at sunset.
For the timid walker, it is an ideal hub. You simply can't get TOO lost here, venturing to see Central Park or the residences where $5 million may get one a studio apartment. An interesting excursion for the cosmetics fan can be found at Clydes on Madison Apothocary and Pharmacy just a few blocks away. There's lots to look at on the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City