I'm in New York frequently and like to stay on the Upper East Side. I've tried all of the smaller hotels in that neighborhood at some point, but since finding The Surrey, I won't shop around anymore. The rooms are really nice without being over the top - neutral colors, comfortable, great bathroom. Cafe Boulud is off the lobby and provides room service. It would be one of my favorite restaurants even if it weren't in the hotel. There's a very nice, quiet bar, although it was closed for a private event one night, and a terrific roof deck. The location is perfect - right off Central Park and walking distance to the Whitney and Met. The best thing about the hotel, however, is the staff. Everyone I encountered was unusually pleasant, efficient and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City