I stayed five nights in this delightful hotel. The design of the hotel is most beautiful. Staff is professional, although not always warm, and I was particularly impressed with housekeeping.
Check in was smooth but my request for a room higher up away from the generator could not be met. My first night was disturbed by a loud humming from the generator/air conditioning unit. The hotel was able to find me a much nicer room without the noise and I had a fabulous stay from then onward.
I appreciated the bottled water in the room but the hotel should offer free wifi and tell guests about the coffee that is available in the lobby in the morning (I only found out about this when I left).
All in all, I will definitely stay there again for the lovely interior and the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City