The Surrey
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$176
$135
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$146
$127
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$231
$186
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$204
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$203
$134
  • Room Service
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$170
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$188
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

1,990 results
All reviewscafe bouludupper east sidecentral parkbar pleiadesgrand deluxe salonrelais chateauxmadison avenuerooftop gardennew yorkroom servicein room diningluxury hotelfavorite hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelturn down servicefour seasons
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was very impressed with everything about my stay at The Surrey. The hotel is beautiful. Very NY. The bar and restaurant were superb. All the staff from reception to housekeeping to the waitstaff to the doorman were helpful and courteous. The amenities were perfect. Loved my espresso maker. I wish I could have stayed longer. I hope to go back again soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Eric H
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent experience at The Surrey. I am thrilled that you had such an exceptional experience with us.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations from the spacious guest accommodations and inspiring Lauren Rottet design to the personalized and intuitive service provided by our team members.

I concur that the culinary delights provided by Michelin star Café Bould are exceptional and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the handcrafted cocktails in Coco Chanel inspired Bar Pleiades.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you're looking for a beautiful space that feels like staying in your own luxury apartment in NYC--but with all the amenities of a hotel--located somewhere quiet, safe and elegant, then look no further. You're steps from the MET, Central Park, as well as some lovely cafés

1  Thank Ms. Branka P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such gracious praises from your recent stay at The Surrey. I am delighted that you felt at home and comfortable while staying with us.

We are truly honored to have exceeded your expectations in so many regards from our idyllic Upper East Side location to our inspiring Lauren Rottet design.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized, intuitive and gracious service delivery and I am thrilled to learn that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Sometimes you don't have to get on a plane to have a great vacation. We got our car service from our apartment in New York City to the Surrey Hotel. We checked in and then we were off to the Metropolitan Museum for the afternoon. That evening, we had reserved in the fabulous Cafe Boulud in the hotel. Our dinner and experience were superb. I chatted with a staff member in French and he was delightful. He even asked me if I had lived in France, because I had a good "ear." When we walked in to our sunlit room on the 12th floor, it was love at first sight. The hotel is intimate, beautifully decorated in a modern and subdued palette, with good art works. Our Dux king bed and linens were very comfortable. All in all, it was a warm, fun experience with unpretentious staff who make you feel welcome. And by the way, I thought the price was quite reasonable for the room.This is my go-to hotel in New York. Now I wish I could find a comparable one in Paris.

1  Thank Mr. Richard C
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your generous feedback with us. We are so proud to be referred to as your go-to hotel in New York.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location steps from Central Park with convenient access to New York City’s transportation resources.

I am also pleased that our tranquil Grand Deluxe Salon featuring inspiring Lauren Rottet design and custom Duxiana bedding exceeded your expectations. I concur that the culinary delights of Michelin starred Café Boulud are spectacular and I am so pleased that you had such a memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Excellent Hotel and restaurant, but why charge for wifi? Most "economy" hotels offer free access, so why does an expensive hotel need to do this? I know the Surrey is not the only high end hotel to impose this ridiculous and grasping charge, but as hotel users we should protest at this mean petty practice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Mr. Kapil J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent experience at The Surrey.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location. We are also pleased that you enjoyed our inspiring Lauren Rottet design and our comfortable guest accommodations.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to our wireless internet pricing. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we periodically audit our pricing for our services.

Kindly contact me the next time your travels bring you to New York at 646.358.3605 so I may personally assist you with your travel arrangements.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

A gem of a hotel on the Upper East Side. Walking distance to the Met, Whitney, Frick and, AMNH. It's on Madison so it goes without saying there is fabulous shopping. No shortage of restaurants or cafes nearby. The concierge was right-on with every recommendation.
The staff at The Surrey are FANTASTIC, attentive to every detail, and anticipated our every need.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review of your stay at The Surrey.

I am truly delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park, famed Madison Avenue shopping and local museums.

We pride ourselves on the warm and gracious service we provide to our guests by paying attention to very small detail. I am delighted that our wonderful team was successful in contributing to a memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back and in the interim, I remain at your service.