We live in NYC but during apartment renovations, we have been staying on and off at the Surrey in our neighborhood. The rooms are chic and beautifully done, the Bar Pleides in the lobby level is gorgeous and room service is by the 5 star Cafe Boulud. Need I say more? Ok, then, the staff is young, warm and competent and they welcomed my pup with yummy biscuits and a monagrammed bed. They have a fabulous roof top to boot, and it's a Relais and Chateaux property. Cons? Windows are not sound proofed, so a high floor, away from busy Madison Ave is a must.
The nearby Mark Hotel is also great, and hipper, but at a higher price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City