There's a lot to like here. We stayed in a "Grand Deluxe Salon" and the room was clean, comfortable and quiet (for NYC) despite the ongoing renovations. Biggest plus is location -- it's about a block to Central Park; within a few blocks of a variety of restaurants; easy access to the subway at 77th and Lex; near to neighborhood gym/yoga/pilates; never had a problem catching a taxi on Madison Ave beside the hotel. Some other reviews were critical of service, but we didn't experience any problems. Will definitely consider returning next time we're there on business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City