“A Perfect Weekend Getaway”
Review of The Surrey

The Surrey
Ranked #73 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mystic
“A Perfect Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a short getaway and loved the location. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous! The room was large and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank muribyortega
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our tranquil ambience and personalized service to our close proximity to Central Park, Museum Mile and the famed shopping on Madison Avenue.

We were delighted that our spacious guest accommodations exceeded your expectations and our custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens provided you with a luxurious sleep experience.

We look forward to welcoming you home soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Shan Kanagasingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Turkish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this hotel. It is smaller and you get such personal treatment you feel like a guest in a friends home with the most incredible bedding. I also love the decor and intimacy of the bar. Just an all around great experience!

Room Tip: I have stayed there many times and never had a bad one!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank janaherritt
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us.

We pride ourselves on providing superior levels of intuitive and personalized service and I am proud to learn that our team members, were so successful in achieving this with you. We were delighted that our custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens exceeded your expectations and provided you with a luxurious sleep experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really liked this hotel, I have stayed in many small hotels in NYC, but the service here was better.
The checking process was quick and efficient. Because we had tickets to the Ballet they reserved my room and held our bags. Upon return we were expected and welcomed it was a great room on the 19th floor corner room. Great view and quiet too. The hotel was making changes with their towels and robes so room maid gave us the new softer towels, really nice. It was nice having dinner down stairs and the Bar is modern and drinks really good. The neighborhood is just off Madison Avenue so many places to shop.. Complimentary coffee in early morning in lobby.
I will be back..

Room Tip: Worth the price to pay for high room if you can...great light..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marri W
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that you were most impressed by our superb location with close proximity to Central Park and the famed shopping of Madison Avenue.
However, it is our exceptional level of intuitive and personalized service that we pride ourselves on and I am proud to learn that our team members were successful in making you feel warm and welcome. We concur that the innovative libations at Bar Pleiades and intuitive design makes for a most memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service

Orange County, CA
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Quiet UES location. One block to the park, 4-6 blocks to the Met. Dux beds. Down pillows. Dean & Deluca stocked honor bar. Stylish, elegant, classy yet accessible. Bar Pleaides is comfortable and the bartenders pride themselves on their drink mixing abilities. Cafe Boulud has exquisite food but is even better for people watching if you are a tourist like me. My wife said that the spa provided the best massage she has ever had, hands down.

The staff were very helpful. Easy check in -even walked us to the elevator, the doormen held doors and hailed cabs, housekeeping was ninja like leaving behind only fresh water bottles and a thank you note for the tip.

Spendy? Yes but a good value nonetheless.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RJDJR_NET
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing feedback from your recent stay with us.

We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed our inspiring Lauren Rottet design and tastefully appointed guest accommodations, featuring our custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens. We pride ourselves on providing superior levels of intuitive and personalized service and I am proud to learn that our team members were successful in making you feel warm and welcome.

We concur that the award winning dining at Café Boulud and innovative libations at Bar Pleiades make for a most memorable and enjoyable experience.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at the Surrey for 7 nights in a suite with glimpses (minimal) of central park over Christmas as part of a trip celebrating my birthday. I can't fault the hotel. The room was nice, the service good and the bar was a highlight as was the restaurant, Cafe Boulud. The location is great for museums and galleries along with high-end shopping. However, I was just left underwhelmed by the experience and I've given a lot of thought as to why this is so and I just can't put my finger on it. It just generally lacked an atmosphere and was ho-hum. Nice, but I wouldn't rush back there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Em-trepid
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us.

We were truly delighted that our prime location, service and tastefully appointed accommodations exceeded your expectations and that you were most impressed with the award winning dining at Café Boulud and innovative libations at Bar Pleiades.

I was disappointed to learn that despite your generous feedback, your experience was somewhat underwhelming.

Kindly please call me personally at 646.358.3605 as I would welcome the opportunity to better understand so that we may ensure a perfect stay on your next trip to New York. I look forward to hearing from you and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised after reading several reviews that staff weren't friendly. I found the staff very pleasant and helpful. My room was very spacious and comfortable especially the bed. I loved the bathroom - the marble tile work was elegant and reminded me of fine old hotels. I definitely felt comfortable and pampered. Also lunch at the cafe was excellent- one of the best meals I had this trip. My room was on the 5th floor and a little noisy, but no more then other hotels. I will return.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank C L
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us. It is our personalized level of intuitive service that we pride ourselves on and I am proud to learn that our team members were successful in making you feel at home.

We were truly delighted that your stay exceeded your expectations despite the slight noise pollution.

We were pleased to learn that our tastefully appointed accommodations, featuring our custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens, exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the innovative culinary offerings of Café Boulud.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Surrey Hotel on UES of NY is trully a great hotel. Concierge staff are the highest level trained by Relais & Chateaux (look for the gold cross bars on their lapels). All the staff are friendly and helpful with no attitude. Rooms are elegant and relaxed at same time. Duxiana mattresses are the very best and very expensive (I know, I own one). Cafe Boulud is the best restuarant in New York and provides room service. I have had friends live in The Surrey hotel with children for months at a time and it's become a life long memory for them. Excellent shopping nearby on Madison and terrific restaurants throught the neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank walter m
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback from your recent stay with us.

We were truly delighted that our tranquil Upper East Side location exceeded your expectations and that you were able to enjoy our luxurious sleep experience featuring custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens.

We were pleased to learn that you were most impressed with our close proximity to the famed shopping on Madison Avenue and award winning restaurants including Café Boulud.

We pride ourselves on the gracious and warm service extended by our colleagues and I was proud to learn we were successful in achieving this with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.