The Surrey
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$311
$174
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$343
$188
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$246
$231
$458
$359
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
$134
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$235
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$142
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$263
$150
  • Breakfast included
1,959 results
All reviewscafe bouludupper east sidecentral parkbar pleiadesgrand deluxe salonrelais chateauxmadison avenuerooftop gardennew yorkmuseum mileroom servicein room diningluxury hotelfavorite hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

The Surrey has it all. We loved it; the location fabulous on the upper east side. The service was excellent and the rooms wonderful. I loved that we had the choice of walking down Madison or Fifth avenues and finding everything we needed. The lounge is very active in the evening. Will definitely stay again when in the city.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Teacherdeb1
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

We were truly delighted to learn that you have become a fan of our Upper East Side gem and that our central location and lively Bar Pleiades made for a most memorable and enjoyable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Ultra Luxury accommodations in one of the best locations in NYC. Steps away from Central Park and off of Park Avenue, the warm welcome and impeccable service is noteworthy. We were upgraded to a suite which was bigger than most apartments in the city. I don't know how they kept fresh ice in our ice bucket. The toiletries were custom produced and a combination of citrus I had never smelled before. The bar is also a great stop for a drink while waiting for friends. I loved the complimentary nut tray, very nice touch. Pricey, but worth the splurge.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miamethyst
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.

We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our central location, to our customized Laura Tonatto bath amenities and our tastefully appointed suite accommodations.

We concur that the innovative libations at Bar Pleiades make for a most enjoyable start to an night out on the town. However, it is the exceptional level of intuitive and personalized service that we provide that we pride ourselves on and I am proud to learn that we were successful in making you feel warm and welcome.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Let’s just start of this review with an enormous THANK YOU! Our stay could not have been more perfect and we had the absolute best time. I had surprised my husband with a weekend in NYC for his birthday and had a handful of requests for our room upon our arrival all surrounding the delivery of some Magnolia’s goods! Jose, the Director of Guest Services, was amazing. He gave me his cell phone so that I could give him a heads up upon on our arrival to make sure everything was set – there was a slight panic moment when he let me know that the goodies had yet to arrive, but told me not to worry because he had placed an amenity on the hotels behalf in our room just in case (2 insanely delicious chocolate cupcakes with Happy Birthday written on them!)! That, in my eyes, is going above and beyond and I was just thrilled (our order did end up being delivered before our arrival, so the hubs was doubly spoiled with sweets!). They were also incredibly accommodating with our request of a later check-out as the US Open had been delayed the day before and was being carried over to Sunday – we had brought our dog along so it wasn’t as simple as leaving our bags at the hotel while we went to the last match! That just made our day and allowed us to fully enjoy and take in the whole US Open experience.

I feel like I need to continue on with examples of their incredible service, so bear with me for a short while longer! I was waiting outside the hotel for about 15min after we had called to have our car pulled up as we were getting ready to leave – when I inquired with one of the bell men if it was on its way, he told me that it typically takes 15-20 minutes, but that he would walk over to the garage himself and go check on it….and off he went! He could have been smack dab in the middle of something (it was quite busy at the time), but didn’t hesitate to help me out one bit. It was so appreciated!!!

The staff was incredible, the rooms were gorgeous, and the location could not get any better (especially if you bring your pup along – Central Park is a block away!). Unfortunately due to our busy weekend schedule and the rain, we weren’t able to take advantage of the rooftop bar, spa, or the restaurant, but I’m not too worried about that as we will most certainly be guests at The Surrey again very soon…..cheers!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Whitney D
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed 6 days at The Surrey on August 2012. The hotel is located in the uppereast (76th St.) side of Manhattan between the Fifth and Madison Av, close to Central Park and the so called Museum mile. The neighbourhood is very quiet and luxorious but as far as restaurants are concerned it's not the best option.
The hotel is a cozy boutique with works of art embellishing every corner of the hotel (according to Hotel website there are 30-million worth works of art!) and the rooms are quite spacious (it seems that Manhattan rooms are generally small) with high level furniture and Pratesi robes.
Notwithstanding to the above I would not recommend this hotel for the following reasons:
1) Firstly the receptionist assigned us a 3rd floor room with a fantastic wall/ building air conditioning engine view. I understand I did not book a suite (we stayed in a "Salon" room) but a 300/night Luxury 5* just cannot propose such a poor view.
2) the cleaning of the room was not sufficient. the 3rd day I could write my name on my nighttable;
3) everynight I had to ask the reception new bathrobe/new shower gel since the cleaning ladies forgot to provide new one.
5* hotels should pamper clients and make them feel like home. The Surrey didn't.
NEEEEEEEEEEEXT!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from 314!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Josephus_80

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback from your recent visit.

We were pleased to learn that you were most impressed with our inspiring design, one-of-a kind art collection and spacious guest accommodations despite the unfortunate consistent missteps and disappointment you experienced during your stay with us.

Rest assured that in my follow up with our leadership team, including Mr Michael Dunbar, Director of Front Office and Mr Jose Lema, Director of Guest Relations, I have stressed the importance of ensuring that all guestroom appointments are in keeping with our guests preferences and expectations. I have also addressed the consistent replenishment of guest amenities with Ms Marioara Sfera, Director of Housekeeping, in order to prevent future such repeat occurrences and guest dissatisfaction.

It is our mission to pamper and cater to our guests and I am very sorry that we failed to do so with you. This is certainly not indicative of the service levels that we pride ourselves on and we hope that you are able to forgive us for our shortcomings.

Kindly please call me personally at 646.358.3605 as I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us. I look forward to hearing from you and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed here for the labour day long weekend in a corner Grand Deluxe Suite on the 10th floor with a view of 76th Street/Madison.
First time we have stayed in Manhattan and chose this hotel/location given the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed rather pleasantly surprised. Great hotel, amazing location, great rooms, extremely clean and great service.
We used the concierge a few times to make restaurant reservations as well as an appointment at a nearby hair salon and all the recommendations were great.
All of the positive features of the hotel have been mentioned many times on this site.
The Fitness Center has not been mentioned very often. It is located on the 2nd floor and is very nice for a boutique hotel. 2 bikes, 1 treadmill and 2 ellipticals along with some weight machines, free weights and yoga mats/balls. We worked out here and did get a great workout in one morning.
We also used the concierge to direct us to the boat rental center in Central park. It is a 7 minute walk from the front door of the hotel and is a great way to spend some time in NY. Highly recommended.
We also went to Dean and Deluca for breakfast a couple of times. It is 10 blocks from the hotel and was a great option for coffee and breakfast on the go.
We had a great time in NYC and are looking to come back at least once a year and will definitely come back to The Surrey in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple