The Surrey
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$189
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
$365
$322
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$349
$271
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$250
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,979 results
All reviewscafe bouludupper east sidecentral parkbar pleiadesgrand deluxe salonrelais chateauxmadison avenuerooftop gardennew yorkmuseum mileroom servicein room diningluxury hotelfavorite hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelturn down service
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We recently stayed four nights at The Surrey and loved everything about our visit. The location is great. Walking distance to the Whitney Museum, Central Park, great restaurants and lots of shopping. I love shopping in this area of NYC because it is much less crowded than other areas. Everyone at the hotel was very professional and pleasant. The room was beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The complimentary water and nightly cookies were a nice touch. Complimentary internet would have been appreciated. Don't miss the opportunity to eat at Cafe Boulud. This is Daniel Boulud's restaurant and definitely meets the expectations of quality and taste you expect from him. Great dining experience. I enjoyed an afternoon at the spa and recommend it highly. It is small but very quaint and relaxing. I nearly fell asleep during the massage. Very relaxing experience. Overall, wonderful stay and will definitely go back to The Surrey when we return to NYC.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We were truly delighted that our superior levels of service, tastefully appointed accommodations and luxurious Spa made for a most relaxing and memorable experience. I have shared your positive comments regarding your dining experience with Mr Dominique Paulin, General Manager of Café Boulud. Rest assured that we will certainly take your feedback on internet charges into consideration as we periodically review our pricing strategy for all services.

Your recommendation of The Surrey is very important to us and we thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you home soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Amazing hotel!Excellent services and the dinner at the cafe Boulud was very very good!Through Surrey's windows lies the soul of the city across Madison and down 5th Avenue...and the central park!I highly recommend the Surrey!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are humbled by your high praise and thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that you were impressed with our prime location and gastronomic dining at Café Boulud.

We look forward to welcoming you home soon and genuinely appreciate your recommendation. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Surrey for four nights in one of the larger Suites on the 15th floor. I highly recommend this floor because of the views...superb. Also, the service was was always excellent...although on occassion requests made to guest services were not always interpreted correctly...corrections were always prompt and apologetic. This is a first class hotel with great access to shopping the upper west side.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most positive feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that our tastefully appointed guest accommodations and central location exceeded your expectations

We were pleased that our team members were able to provide with warm and personalized service despite accuracy of requests. Please accept our sincere apologies for our shortcomings and know that we are diligently working on response time as well as customization of requests.

We look forward to welcoming you back and I kindly ask that you call me when your travel plans next bring you to New York so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

The hotel's upper east side location was near museums and the Lexington subway line and perfect for us. We enjoyed a snack in the bar which had friendly service. Dinner in Cafe Boulud our first night was very good. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. However, the hotel should provide free wifi access. (In most cities you can get free access in a coffee shop for the price of a latte.) The design, based on Art Deco, was sophisticated and comfortable. Remember to ask for a newspaper to be delivered when you check in if you want one. The shower was large with a strong spray. We loved the fact that we could dim each lighting fixture in the room and also turn them all on or off at once.

Room Tip: Our corner room on the top floor (1611) was very nice and had views of the city (not the park). It had one very comfortable king bed and the room was adequate in size but not what I would call large.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We were pleased to learn that we excelled and surpassed your expectations and that our team members were able to provide you with the intuitive and warm service that we pride ourselves on.

We concur that our prime location, tastefully appointed décor and accommodations, bespoke Duxiana bedding and award winning dining at Café Boulud all make for a most memorable and enjoyable experience.

We will certainly take your feedback on internet charges into consideration as we periodically review our pricing strategy for all services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

After extensive research, I decided to book The Surrey (in addition to the The Benjamin and The Bryant Park) for a few days whilst celebrating my NY leg of my honeymoon as we had reservation at a few Michelin starred restaurants such as Daniels– all which are conveniently located relatively close to the hotel. I was happy with my choice, we were given a large Deluxe Salon, which was a good size and tastefully decorated.

Hotel: It is conveniently located in the Upper East Side close to Central Park, most of the museums and numerous subway lines.

Room: 8/10 - The Deluxe Salon was a decent size for NY standards, and well appointed with luxurious high thread count sheets and bath products. I especially liked the elegant marble in the bathroom. I should note that I had to request a room change as our first room was quite loud – we could hear trucks in the middle of the night and also fire engines (but to be fair I think the latter can be heard in most places in NYC!). Also on one afternoon after coming back from a big shop at Century 21, we found that the hot water had stopped working however, quick call to reception quickly sorted this issue out. I would say that any well travelled person would be happy staying in this room.

Gym: 7/10 - As an avid body builder I was happy to see that The Surrey's gym although quite modest in size, was adequately equipped and maintained with the all the basic gear that one needs to maintain their fitness regime on vacation. There were towels, and an ice water machine too.

Service: 8/10 - The service at this hotel is very good – I had previously corresponded to the manager via email the manager and we were given personalised service. Although we checked in quite early, our room was already available.

Overall: This is a great value deluxe hotel, which is perfect for anyone who wants to visit the museums in the UES, see central park or dine at Daniels.

Room Tip: There's a nice diner for breaky around the corner.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Love2TravelML8

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We were truly delighted that you were most impressed with our superior levels of service, quality of amenities and prime location.

Our unique design by famed interior architect, Lauren Rottet, is indeed one of our best attributes as are our bespoke Duxiana bedding, floor to ceiling Carrara marble bathrooms and award winning Café Boulud dining. However, it is our exceptional level of intuitive service that we pride ourselves on and I am proud to learn that our team members were successful in making you feel warm and welcome and ensuring you had a most memorable honeymoon celebration.