21 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$195
Expedia.com$195
Official Site$195
Hotels.com$195
travelup.com$230
Lol.travel$294
7,974 results
All reviews penn station madison square garden niles restaurant front desk new york one bedroom suite times square an upgrade street noise central location upon check the empire state building fantastic location big apple few blocks affinia nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2019

Hello,
as a traveler from Brazil, this was my 30th time in US, and 10th time in NY. (always staying in Hotels).This was the 1st time I had a infant kid traveling with us, and we stayed at the Stewart hotel in mid october-2019. Location is great. but that's it. It's a downhill disaster from there on. This very expensive hotel has lots of issues:
-Parcels are hard to get even though they charge USD 5 for each one of it....In total I was charged USD 70 for parcels delivered to me. (yes, I get tons of parcels and this has NEVER EVER been an issue in any hotels I`ve stayed in, regardless if they charged or not for deliveries)Parcels take around 24h to `show up` in their system.  Reception always tells you to wait in the room, and the wait is up to 2 hours, if they ever show up. During my stay there were 3 instances I was told to wait in the room, and they never came. I had to call again and insist on delivery. Insist on parcel delivery which, I say again, I'm paying USD 5 each.The hotel is charging me USD 5 per parcel, and not paying me for the time I wasted waiting for them to sort and deliver parcels/packages.At one conversation I had with the reception, they said: "sometime Amazon claims something is delivered when its not". It seems they are pre-prepared with theses excuses. At another conversations they said: "well, it does not show up in my system, what can I do?"
They had real unhelpful staff on this matter.
- Rooms are dirty and they keep dirty: We came to this hotel with a infant kid, supposedly as this was a hotel `great for families`, and housekeeping did not clean the room well enough. It was dirty all the way.
- Free Coffee sachets are not replenished. So I was in there for 1 week, and had 2 coffees sachets to go by (+ 2 non caffeine sachets), on a stay that is USD 360/ average per night. ( USD 2523.51 overall spent in 7 days stay)
- Trash was not always removed.
- Toilet paper ran out on the last day, seems to be treated like its gold.
Upon checking out (I decided to change travel plans, leave US 1 day early, and checkout 1 day early), I told reception I wanted to checkout and that I had issues with my stay. The manager was called, and he offered for me to `not pay` the last room night, but instead pay for a USD 50 early departure fee. He offered me that **BEFORE** asking what happened.While I took this offer , I would expect nothing short of a much better compensation for my troubles. This was the 1st time I went to US with my family and kid, and while location was great, the hotel experience was not.
I told the manager about all that had happened after his offer. He did not say anything else besides "we will add an extra person to sort deliveries/parcels/packages"
On top of all taxes charged, which the hotel has no control over, they charge a USD 35 `hotel facilities fee` which has not added any value to me.

Room tip: find another hotel. this is not worth the price
3  Thank Felipe C
StewartHotelNYC, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly disappointed to learn about your stay, as we pride ourselves on our “Perfect 10” promise at the Stewart. Since reading your review, we are revamping our Standard Operating Procedures for parcels. Given that we receive nearly 50 packages a day from guests, our tracking system has been tweaked to ensure we are properly accounting for each package. We always attempt to receive a tracking number and the name for the guest to ensure the package has arrived and has been logged into our system. If a package comes during the day, it may not be logged until the afternoon. Still, we will do better in the delivery of packages to our guests as we know how excited and important these packages can be.

Additionally, we have taken several steps to ensure no guest enters a guestroom that does not meet our lofty cleanliness standards. We have modified the process by which we inspect rooms, ensuring that all parts of the room are thoroughly inspected by a supervisor or manager prior to the room being released to a guest – included the correct amount of coffee and we always leave an extra roll of toilet paper under the sink to ensure no guest is left without toilet paper. We are always here to help and send one of our houseman up with a new roll should it be requested. Additionally, we have retrained the team members who were responsible for the cleanliness of your room and setting up your sofa bed to ensure no future guest has the same experience.

We are certainly embarrassed by your experience-we would love to have you back and provide you with the “Perfect 10” stay that so many other guests have experienced. Please reach out to me directly so I can personally handle your reservation.

(Note-our facilities fee includes some great perks- 20% off Niles restaurant for dinner, fitness center and laundry access, all phone calls and high speed internet access, free Citi Bike rentals. The fee is explained on all booking engines).

Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

No contact from this Hotel after 2 emails to them & 2 unanswered phone calls after been put through to lost property & 1 saying I would post bad feedback if they don’t get back to me. Still no email so here goes!
I lost my reading glasses & all I wanted to know was if I had left them in my room or not. A simple request with a simple reply was all I asked for.Once you have checked out don’t expect any follow up care at all.
Also I will mention that the bathroom cleanliness is pretty below average. Needs a really good clean.
Very musty smelling outfit , glad we took room spray! Porters were all very nice I must add.
Great location with a very average room.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Jennie C
StewartHotelNYC, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2019

We appreciate the feedback, Jennie C.

We're disappointed to hear you were dissatisfied with your recent stay. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to provide you with the quality service in which we pride ourselves.

Reviewed October 17, 2019

Ideally situated for us, just across the street from Madison Square Gardens and Penn Station. Short walk to Times Square. Good price for the convenience. Nice suite, bedroom with bathroom, living space, kitchenette,another bathroom with showerstall. The rooms are a little older and tired looking but the bed was very comfortable and the cleaning staff were very good. The lobby is very lovely, art deco appearance.

Room tip: A suite will provide more space to spread out.
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank goldie019
StewartHotelNYC, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2019

Thanks for the review, goldie019!

We are glad you had a great experience with us! We are disappointed to see some of your concerns, and we will let our team know about them. We always work very hard to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. We look forward to hosting you again for an even better experience.

Thanks again, and have a lovely day!

Reviewed October 17, 2019 via mobile

Stayed in a studio room for 5 nights. Good location 15 mins walk from Times Square. Plenty of restaurants, cafes, etc, in the area. Room itself was very spacious with 2 double beds, seating area & desk. Bed was comfy with clean duvet & sheets. Kitchenette small but adequate. Bathroom tiny with no ventilation. Towels replaced daily. Toiletries replenished daily. Shower head fitted far too low for anyone over 5ft 2in! Water pressure poor. Overall cleanliness to the studio good but room blinds were very grubby and should be replaced. Bathroom was also clean but needs updating. Reception staff friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Sue R

We appreciate the feedback, Sue.

We're happy you had a pleasant stay with us despite our services not exceeding your expectations. We'll address your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We do hope to host you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2019

First the pros: the hotel is in a good location, our room was enormous for the price in NYC, and they have an excellent gym.

Now the cons. As others have posted, the noise levels are very bad. The windows don't seal well and there is a fire station next door. Also, lots of cold air leaks through the windows overnight.

Overall, an adequate but not great option.

1  Thank JelloSalad

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

It's unfortunate your time with us was less than ideal. We're disappointed you had such challenges with the sound insulation in our rooms. The satisfaction of our guests is important to us so we'll be sure to discuss your feedback moving forward.

We hope for the chance to host you again soon so we can share a more positive experience with you.