“Great location and lovely room”
Review of Stewart Hotel

Stewart Hotel
Ranked #212 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I arrived here on the first part of our honeymoon. I had emailed the hotel in advance to ask for an upgrade and also a balcony as it was our honeymoon.
The hotel is located only a few hundred metres from Penn station and Madison Square Gardens.
When we arrived we were informed that we had got a complimentary upgrade including a balcony in our room.
The room itself was lovely - on the 42nd floor and we had a sofa and office area.
The bathroom was tiny, but this didn't bother us as we were out of our room for most of the day.
The staff were very polite and friendly and you can check in for your flight for free on their computers.
The bed was gigantic and the selection of different pillows was lovely.

Room Tip: Email the hotel in advance if it is for a special occasion.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
AMH_NYC, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Phillip A,
We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our polite and friendly staff. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfy beds and pillows. We know how important a good nights sleep is when visiting New York. Thank you for your feedback.
Joseph Kelly, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,511)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was the third time I had stayed at the Affinia Manhattan and although there were lobby renovations underway the disruption was fairly minimal..most disruption was to the free lobby wireless. We always request a roomwith two doubles and a kitchenette and it comes with a lounge and two easy chairs. The room is quite big and the kitchenette is excellent. When I travel I always find I am craving something other than the usual burger and fries, so a kitchenette is ideal. It costs more but is worth it. Just down the block from the hotel is a corner shop which sells hot food (such as roast chicken, baked potatoes, vegetables, casseroles, curries, pasta, soups and salads which can be kept in the fridge and reheated in the microwave. Everything you need is in the kitchenette. Also Macy's with their goumet food area is just up the road. Maddison Square Gardens and Penn Station are across the road, the post office is a couple of blocks to the right ..The rooms are clean and the staff are lovely. Every thing is within walking distance..what more could you want!

Room Tip: When you make your booking specify a Kitchette is wanted. Be specific as not all doubles have Kitche...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear ompaloopa,
Thank you so much for your review and your continued patronage of Affinia Manhattan. It's so nice to know that you're able to make use of the kitchenettes, which are in all of our Suites. We hope to always provide our guests with a comfortable and convenient stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel was perfect. I would recommend it to anyone that wants to stay in NYC. The rooms are perfect size and you can move around comfortably. What is even better is the staff. Every staff member that I have spoken to has been so helpful. I met a cleaning man in the lift today and he said to me, it's going to rain later let me get you an umbrella. Staff like this are needed everywhere. 100% perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013
AMH_NYC, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Bree170,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Our staff is always happy to assist our guests in providing them with the most comfortable stay possible. I'm thrilled to know that you were impressed with the service you received. Thank you again for posting your comments.
Yours truly,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

When we arrived, our room was not ready so we were upgraded to a room with a 2nd bathroom. There were a few headaches throughout our two week stay, most of which were related to the week-end housekeeping staff. But for the most part a fantastic place to stay. Location, Location, Location. Across the street from Penn Station and a short walk to most other things. All in all we enjoyed our stay and Loved NYC.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 21st floor facing 7th Avenue. Street noise was reasonable and the view down 7th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear BRBC,
I'm pleased to know you loved our location and enjoyed your stay in New York. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in a twin room with my sister. This hotel is in a great location not far from Times Square and just three blocks from Macy's.
we stayed on the 17th floor where it was still quite noisy but nothing that a pair of decent ear plugs didn't block out for me. The air conditioning is quite noisy too, again, my ear plugs blocked this noise out too.
People have complained about the size of the bathroom, I don't really know what people are expecting. Yes, our bathroom was compact but it had a toilet and a sink and a large shower, what more do you really want?!
Our room was not huge, but big enough for our two double beds with a walk-in wardrobe. The only problem we had was that the only mirror close enough to an electrical outlet was in the bathroom which was no good when two girls are sharing. Another mirror at the desk would have been fantastic. Instead I used the camera on my ipad.
Couldn't fault the staff at the affinia, they were all very polite and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear chunkymonkey5,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you had a positive experience at Affinia Manhattan. Thank you for mentioning the kindness of our staff, I know they always do their very best to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past several years. We know this hotel very well. Many rooms have a miniature shower stall suitable for short young children. You can barely turn around in them and god forbid you drop the soap! Specifically we ask for a bathroom with a tub shower. we were assured our room had the tub and not the shower. Got to the room and it had the miniature shower....3rd time this has happened....3 strikes and your out! Of course you can complain and ask for a different room which I have done and room hopped a few times but who wants to spend that kind of time in nyc!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mrmrs Frank P,
I'm sorry to hear you experienced some challenges in getting a room with a tub. We have many different room types and layouts available for our guests and I'm glad to know that our front desk was able to assist you in moving rooms. We're always happy to take guest request in advance of arrival to make check-in smoother, feel free to call the Front Desk prior to arrival to make your request for a tub in advance. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I hope that you decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a great place to stay for my family holiday in NYC. The hotel was very can, room was incredibly comfortable and staff were nothing short of superb. The location is a few blocks south of Times Square, so you it's a really good central location. My only issue was to do with noise, but that has more to do with NYC than the hotel, and Affinia do supply ear plugs if you happen to be a light sleeper. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family