“Close to Everything”

Stewart Hotel
Ranked #202 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spent 5 nights here and found this hotel to be great.My room was very clean and much larger than others I had stayed at in N.Y city some years back.As a single female I felt safe and found all the staff I had dealings with to be friendly,helpful and professional.At first I was disappointed that my room did not have free wi-fi but on reflection, having to go to the lobby for Internet,I met some great people and was given some great tips on places to explore.My room was not overly noisy and I would certainly return here.Very comfortable bed and having a bath to soak in was fantastic after full days of walking the city.My experience was a happy one!

Room Tip: Choose a side room . you will not need a view of the street and will sleep better for it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
AMH_NYC, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear TraceyLM11,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Joseph Kelly, General Manger

There are newer reviews for Stewart Hotel

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very nice hotel. Our room was very spacious. It was nice to have a hotel room in NY with a den and kitchen. The location was perfect. We took the train into Penn Station. The distance from the train station to the hotel took about 3 minutes. The location was also very convenient for shopping since we were located in the Fashion District.The staff was very pleasant and the bar was great! I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I return to NY.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 25th floor and we didn't hear any noise from the hallway.
1  Thank T A
AMH_NYC, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear T A,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel. As you mentioned, we're right across the street from Penn Station and within walking distance of Times Square, Macy's and the Garment District. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

A great value. The location is perfect for a short walk to broadway. Across the street from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. The food at restaurant/bar downstairs was outstanding. I will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Roland C ,
We appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed eating at Niles NYC, I'll make sure to share your comments with the Chef as well as the rest of the Management Team.
All the best,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the level of professionalism of staff and the comfort level in my assigned room. It was clean, smelled great and was quiet. Perfect. I often stay in NYC for business and pleasure, and rarely does a hotel room feel like home. I am happy to say that this time that was definitely the case. Affinia Manhattan will be my first hotel of choice in the future. Location provides easy access to transportation, shopping, ect. Overall great experience. I rate it 5 stars.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Mr. Kristian P

Dear Mr. Kristian P,
We're thrilled to be your "home" away from home and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice hotel in perfect location. Nice and friendly staff. Ok rooms with nice beds but the bathrooms in need of renovation. Testing of fire alarms without telling guests, a bit of a worry for security. A bit noisy, but it is Manhattan! Overall worth the money and the stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Nice hotel, loved the location, close to Penn Station and Fashion District. Marceau Duplan was amazing and a great help for us. He made our stay great!! Lower floors have to deal with noise from fire station next door but overall I would definitely stay here again!! Rooms are small but a lot bigger than other hotels in the city we've stayed at!!

Room Tip: I would definitely get the suite next time just to give family a little more room, and try for a hig...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Divelle,
Thank you for posting a review and for recognizing the great efforts of our bellman, Marceau. He is a valuable member of our team and I'll make sure to share this review with the entire staff. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Admittedly I got a great last-minute deal through HotelTonight - ended up staying here for 2 nights after my flight was cancelled and we were rebooked on a flight two days later. However I must say I was glad we weren't staying here any more than 2 nights. We were in a "1 bed guest room" - based on the reviews here, it sounds like the studios and suites may be quite nice, but this one (room 1217) was in a bit of sad condition. The room was pretty tiny and was "updated", but they didn't go far enough. The enamel in the bathtub was badly chipped in multiple areas. The mirror was visibly corroded in multiple areas. The tub overflow cover was falling off - the gaping rusty hole was not a sight I want to see when trying to clean myself. The bathroom was so small that the door could not be fully opened without hitting the toilet. The hallway leading to the room was also very dim - maybe to hide how scuffed the doors and walls were. It all just made me feel a bit icky.

However the lady at the front desk was very nice, and when our room was not available to check-in (at 8:30 at night!) she did offer us vouchers for complimentary drinks and appetizers at the hotel bar and was very apologetic about the delay. Location was also good for getting to/from the airport - diagonally across from Penn Station where you catch the LIRR to the JFK AirTrain. Yup, that's about it.

Room Tip: Don't pick a petite or 1 bed guest room. Go for a studio or suite - or go somewhere else.

Dear jujSF,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I will have our Engineering team inspect that room today, and follow up on the concerns mentioned in your review. I noticed that you were happy with the service you received from the Front Desk as well as our close proximity to Penn Station. I hope that you will consider giving us another try in the near future. Once again, thank you for the feedback.
All the best,