“Affinia Manhattan - Home Away from Home”
Review of Stewart Hotel

Stewart Hotel
Ranked #210 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I travel to NYC every month for work and I couldn't be happier with my choice to stay at the Affinia Manhattan. The staff is excellent, they're friendly, knowledgable and pleasant. The rooms are clean, spacious and modernly fit with all the amenities one could ask for. It feels as if I own my own spacious apartment in NYC sometimes forgetting it's actually a hotel. The great service extends from the front desk to housekeeping also. My room gets a bit messy with all the prep work that occurs prior to presentations and the maids do a flawless job making sure every detail is taken care of. Rida is the chosen one this time around and she is amazing. She is sweet, competent and very detail oriented. I highly recommend making your next stay in the Big Apple at the Affinia.

Room Tip: I've stayed in every room and they're all good. If you like your own kitchen then specify...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (5,617)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a lovely hotel. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated. The best part of our stay was the terrific customer service we experienced. It was necessary to change rooms due to a damaged tub in our bathroom. We discovered this problem late in the evening after a night out. Diesel, our helpful front desk clerk, changed our room immediately and even helped us move. His exceptional customer service, as well as his gracious manner, made our stay a delight.

The location and price of the hotel makes this a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for less noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had booked and had the reservation confirmed for The Affinia Gardens but were asked to move to the Manhattan and we agreed.

Right opposite Madison Square Gardens and Penn station this is hard to beat location.

Big lobby and excellent check in for me from a smiling girl. Good start! But for my partner who arrived after me the girl was rude, sharp and curt. Not at all acceptable. Don't order your guests to queue when they are already aware of this. Do offer to have their bags taken to the room as she did for the guest in front of my partner. This girl needs retraining.

Our room was thankfully, due to traffic/city noise, on the 27th floor. It was a one bedroom suite and quite large. Nicely furnished with a real comfy bed. Nice spotless bathroom and equally clean kitchen. You could easily stay and eat/live in this suite as it has all you would need.

Great views of the new World Trade centre from our room.

There is no way I would pay the full rate fro this hotel which I believe was about $500 per night. We got an excellent deal which would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Busy part of town but i arrived early had one day and then early train departure the next morning from Penn so it was perfect to see lots in a short time. The hotel was doing some renovations but the mess was only noticeable at reception and not any real inconvenience. The hotel was quiet, very clean and the bed unbelievably comfortable. I used the concierge service but didn't get the items - didn't effect my experience and these were freebies so i didn't make a fuss. Staff helpful & polite, early check out a breeze. Would recommned this to anyone travelling to NY and esp if you have an early train trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I found stared on a random search. Super location a block away from MSG and down the street from Times Square. The staff was phenomenal. Jennifer and Diesel at the front desk were very attentive and proactive during a problem (a broken pipe had damaged some rooms). Margaret was super sweet when checking out. And Irene at the concierge desk was very helpful in arranging a carriage ride. The room was of good size. The small shower size was the only issue I could find if I want to be picky. (Remove the soap dishes in the wall because there is no need with the dispensers.)
We will stay here if/when we return to NY and have already recommended it to numerous people at work and home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
AMH_NYC, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Paul Z,
Thank you so much for taking the time to mention our team members by name. We hope to welcome you back soon!
All the best,
Joseph Kelly, General Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Took a quick over night trip to New York City. Having never visited NYC, I did not know what to expect of this hotel. I was a bit surprised when comparing prices of some of the hotels and prepared myself for less than stellar accommodations. We were pleased with this choice. The lobby has recently been refreshed. One of our main reason for picking this hotel was it's close proximity to Penn Station, such an easy walk. Check in was quick and pleasant and our room was ready early (a great thing since we wanted to sight-see). I was a bit concerned about the location of the room after reading reviews. We were on a higher floor and away from lifts, a plus. We did not have noise issues with the fire station nearby. We were on the 8th floor in room 822 (this room has no views outside the window). The room decor was nice and cheery and everything clean and tidy. Beds are a bit firm for my taste, but after all our walking we slept well. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and have already recommended to friends. Travel tip: if sight-seeing after check out, Affinia will hold your luggage if you have plans after check out time. Had a great visit and in part was due to a restful sleep at the Affinia!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been to NYC many times, and I am so glad I found the Affinia Manhattan. I will not be staying anywhere else! The room was really large, exceedingly clean , well furnished and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. A separate office alcove and the sofa were all unexpected enhancements. Complimentary wine in the lobby was a finishing touch.
The front desk staff (especially Jenny), were very friendly and helpful in every respect.
From what I have just said, you might expect to pay Ritz Carlton prices but the truth is the rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family