“Pricey, but great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Soho Grand Hotel

Soho Grand Hotel
Ranked #174 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Long Beach, California
“Pricey, but great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Service is excellent, rooms very comfortable, though lacking in in extra plugs for today's technology. It is pricey, but considering he location, not surprising. I would recommend getting higher up, north facing views.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I recently spent two nights at the Soho Grand. The service was wonderful, the doormen are fantastic, friendly and helpful. The front desk personnel could not have been nicer and the room was lovely. Having lived in NYC for many years and now going back to visit, I am very picky about where I stay and how much I spend. I can honestly say that this hotel is a great value, the rooms are large by NY standards with beautiful and roomy bathrooms and closets and it's in a perfect location! My room faced Canal street, which can be noisy at all hours so if you are very sensitive to noise, ask that you face the other side. The bar is very stylish and inviting as well. The hotel is upscale, sophisticated but comfortable and inviting.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Bloomingdale, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'm sure many travelers would imagine it's good to be in the Broadway area, but there's really nothing much to do there. Soho is a great place to be located because there's so much going on there. The Soho Grand was a beautiful small hotel and just a quick subway ride to other parts of the city. We loved the hotel itself, found our room to be ready for early check in and enjoyed the bar, the music and the food. The room was well appointed (robes, etc), the bed comfortable and the staff as friendly and charming as can be. We also appreciated the big bowl of apples by the elevator! Best of all, the neighborhood provided endless stimulating walking and restaurants--everything within reach. We did not experience any negative issues. We stayed late at the bar. We were impressed by the fact that when our waitress had to leave she took the trouble to bring the new waitress over to us and introduce her. A special touch!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn B
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The Hotel is cool and the service was amazing, in fact so amazing that I didn't notice it. I would be in the taxi after being ushered into it by an amazingly accommodating young footman. I'd be in the lounge and be eating something that is not on their menu because the waitress went out of the way to see if the chef would accommodate my request. If I seemed lost there was always someone there to ask me if I needed help. Service great! Location, even better...Soho is busy and fun, hip and cosmopolitan, great shopping, great little eats, and access to wonderful and new art and architectural establishments. I like to exercise and I found the gym to be tiny and very basic. Not a lot in terms of running paths and parks...not that I saw anyway. I did take the subway to Central Park...an adventure in itself! BUT...I'm 55 years old and I like quiet, so my upgrade to a corner suite overlooking Soho was a bit noisy for my liking. Thank god for sleeping pills. Be sure to ask for a quiet room if you're a light sleeper. AND I need light...the hotel was DARK! Almost post nuclear dark, most probably to accentuate the warehouse architectural ambiance it so wants to be identified by. The hotel room washrooms could use a lift and the rooms are tiny, but the beds were divine and as I could not really see the rest of the hotel I'm afraid I can't comment on the decor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank turnbsy
Florida City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at the soho grand last year and decided to return however this time I wasn't to impressed with the overall service. I feel like its loosing its touch. The employees are friendly but not like they were in the past and the rooms can use a little TLC. With so many other hotels in the area I wish the soho grand luck. I'm sure they will get better

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We spent last weekend at the Soho Grand and found it the perfect location and price point for a last minute NYC weekend getaway. We booked our room on the internet while driving down saturday morning from Boston. The process was easy and our room was ready when we arrived at 2:00 pm. Parking is right across the street so getting rid of our car was seemless. Our room had a view of West Broadway. It was small but very comfortable. The bathroom was actaully larger and nicer than some we hav evisited recently. The lobby bar was very active on both Saturday evening and Sunday brunch. The only negative of the hotel was that it had a very small lobby. if you like to read the paper in the lobby and watch the world go by this is not ofr you. Everything else was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and i recently stayed at the Soho Grand. We had a wonderful time. The staff are fantastic and very accommodating. The bars are wonderful. food and drink are all above average. The location of the hotel is it's biggest selling point. Within waling distance to many bars and restaurants. Concierge is very knowledgeable. the only negative this time is it didn't seem the thermostat was working properly. The room was too warm and I could not cool it down. Not a big deal though. This is not the first time we have stayed here. That should say it all!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple