“A fabulous find”

Ranked #169 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London
“A fabulous find”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We are sooooo coming Bach here . A really smart , cool and friendly hotel in a fabulous location for Soho and the village . Communal areas are excellent , especially the 2 busy and atmospheric bars . My room , 501 a little small and with poor outlook was still stylishly designed and fitted out . And heh : who wants to spend time in their room when in New York. I love the free wi Fi with no sign in required .....Hotel owners take note !

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
miami USA
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Soho Grand over Christmas. It was a return stay and our experience was even better than the first time last August. There are several reasons we love the Soho Grand. First, the location is fantastic- guests find themselves at the intersection of Soho and Tribeca. Restaurants, shops, walks along the river- they are all inside a small radius. Convenient transportation to tourist areas to the north and south is minutes away. Second, the overall service at the Grand is outstanding. It begins at the front door (where Martin wows with his impeccable manners) and continues throughout the hotel, at every contact with staff. How do all these people remember my name, I wonder. Finally, I must mention my favorite part of the Soho Grand: the lounge area, where one can have meals or just drinks or just sit around and people watch. It is truly magical. The decor is dramatic (very high ceilings), and both spacious and cozy. We invited some friends there for drinks and nibbles on the first night. They were staying at another boutique hotel in Soho (like us they are from Miami) but loved the Grand's lounge so much they returned again two times during their 6 day NY visit. In the lounge, I especially want to compliment Matteo for his attention to detail, Svenska for her graciousness and Keith for his professionalism. In addition to great service, creative dishes, and the best cappuccino in town, the music choices add to the magical feel. All in all, my husband and I left new york smiling, and can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband, dog and myself just returned from a 2 night stay at the Soho Grand. We have stayed at many 5 star hotels in the city but this was by far the best experience we have ever had. The staff is truly fantastic and this is was made our stay so special. We really wanted to bring our dog Jasper, a really sweet Portuguese Water Dog puppy with us but we needed a pet sitter for Christmas day as we were meeting friends for a movie and dinner. The concierge tried so hard to accomodate us but no one was available to pet sit. Omar and Tom at the front desk volunterred to watch him and walk him while we were out. I was so blown away that they went out of their way to help us out!! From the door staff to front desk, concierge, food staff and all that we came in contact with, everyone was amazing. We loved it and can't wait to go back to the Soho Grand. Truly a 5 star experince!!!! P.S. Jasper loved the dog park!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mrsleo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I’ve stayed at the Grand many times but, now with newer and better options it’s no longer worth it. The hotel desperately needs renovation. It’s dark and starting to show signs of age. The hotel lacks a decent gym. Also leaving no courtesy bottle of water and charging $10 for the one in the room is not courteous, to say the least.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Risch, Switzerland
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We very much enjoyed staying (again) at the Soho Grand. We were treated very well, upon check-in, when asking the concierge for help. He even offered us a reseevationbfor a dinner table at the hugely pooular and sought-after ABC Kitchen, and this on a saturday night. And the view from our room was spectacular!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We eloped to NYC and the Soho Grand went out of their way to make it an extra special stay. Amazing service and a very thoughtful staff, from management (who surprised us with a few unexpected treats) to room service staff, who were just... super nice. A great experience.

• Stayed December 2013
San Jose, CA
Reviewed December 21, 2013

First the good things I liked about the hotel.. Most of the staff rocked and was very nice all the time. The room was cool very modern but old school and very clean. The door staff was alway nice and pleasant to chat with. The location was cool two blocks the MTA subway and the location of the hotel is cool part of town.

Things I did not like are the room was nosy from room to room next to each other. The floor and ceilings are concrete but the walls are paper thin and my guest next to me never made any noise except when taking showers i felt like my shower was on.

The made service was great except the Mini bar was never stocked after my first night and I waited two days to see if it would be and nope it was not.

Upon my check out the gentleman at the front desk asked about my stay I said it was good expect for the mini bar he proceeds to say "Oh that's Nice glade you liked it" hmm not sure the guy was listening total customer service failure oh his part.

Bottom-line great place they need a bit of tunning on the staff to up the QC a bit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business