WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #161 of 477 Hotels in New York City
philadelphia
“Super Soho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Super staff, super dog friendly, super room, super concierge, super service, super hospitality, super place, super Soho Grand. We will see you again soon. Thanks for the perfect place to stay in NY if you want to feel like you are at home on vacation. FYI Louie loved it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bkf8556

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've stayed here for 16 years, and altho it's not quite the hipster attraction it was in the early days, rooms are clean and fresh, and service is better than ever, especially being greeted by Jose at the front door, he always recognizes and acknowledges my husband with a handshake and a smile. You can't beat the location for easy walking access to the Hudson, TriBeCa, Meat Packing, NoLita and the Village.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Soho Grand over 4th of July weekend. The location, on West Broadway, was perfect. We were close to subway stops, shopping, and fabulous restaurants. Our concierge, Alicia, got us reservations at Jimmy's at the James hotel for the 4th. I don't know how she pulled that off, but we went to the front of the line and were let in immediately while others were turned away as it was "guests only" at that point.
Great bar in the lounge; all around good spot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janice D
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed the location of our hotel, much more that staying in Times Square. The shoppingthere was perfect, and the transportation needs were easily met: subway, taxi's whenever you needed them wherever you were going. We had stayed on Wall Street before and the transportation was unreliable, so we were a little worried, but it was perfect. There was a shopping map the Concierge gave us showing every little nook and cranny shop in the entire area, making it really fun and easy to just set out walking and to come up with a plan of where to go next .

There were many coffee shops and small restaurants to stop off at on your way in our out of the hotel. Also it was not a packed pedestrian street, so you could walk at your own pace, so much different than staying in Times Square.

The bed was perfect, bathroom, typically small and clean. There was a coffee machine on every floor with good coffee so the mornings could start leisurely. The AC had a little to be desired, but it was all in all a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank OrlandoTraveler11
Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was not at all impressed by this hotel. $269 per night for a room which was less than it's deluxe billing, a TV that was hard to get working and everything was so DARK!!! The hotel has a great location but that's really all I can say is going for it. The price of rooms is outrageous for what you get - there's not even tea and coffee making facilities in the room for goodness sakes. This is supposed to be a 4.5 star hotel! Everywhere in the hotel - the lobby in particular is so dark that you need to go outside into the street to be able to read a newspaper. So dark, you can't tell if the place is clean and judging by the beast that crawled across the bathroom floor I'd say it could do with a severe upgrade. The (antique) air conditioning unit in my room was so loud I was wakened up every time it came on and there was no easy way to switch it off. The bar is overpriced - $17 (plus tip) for a regular glass of wine, $8 (plus tip) for a beer.

On the plus side, the staff were great.

I'm planning another trip to NY in 2014 but this hotel will definitely NOT be on my list. There are cheaper and BETTER hotels to choose from. I made a big mistake with this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Dear Barbara,

I just wanted to write to tell you what a fantastic job your staff did during my recent stay at your hotel.

From start to finish, they made our trip superb and were a wonderful advertisement for your establishment.

At this point, I have to single out two people in particular, Ben and Harold. Ben checked us in to the hotel and then went above and beyond the call of duty in helping me set up my proposal to my girlfriend (who is now my fiancée!). He was absolutely charming, superbly efficient and just did everything with the maximum of class and the minimum of fuss. First impressions count in any business and what a first impression he made. I was blown away by the courteous and thoughtful way he dealt with everything. I suggest that you might have a future hotel manager on your hands there…

Which brings me neatly on to Harold. At incredibly short notice and in a style and class of his own, Harold arranged the most brilliant room in which I asked my girlfriend to marry me. He may just be the reason that she said yes! He oozed professionalism and made us both feel like a million dollars. A really lovely guy and someone you should feel proud to have as part of your workforce. Amazing.

Everyone else at the hotel was phenomenal. From the beaming smiles of your reception staff, where Tierney was an absolute joy to check-out with, to the affable doormen and lobby staff, the whole team made us feel like we stayed in a home from home.

These things come from the top Barbara, so you are doing a tremendous job in running the hotel and I will recommend it to anyone.

Thanks again for everything and please pass on my personal thanks to Ben and Harold who have earned themselves a line or two in my wedding speech! They are a credit to you.

Best wishes,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alicia F
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Only stayed a couple of nights but I would definitely recommend this as a good choice of hotel for a short stay.

Upon entry you need to go up one floor to the reception (ground floor is the concierge only)

The hotel is pretty dark, a little kitsch and I wasn't overly keen on the dim lighting everywhere - its better at night than during the day

Check in was very friendly and efficient and got me to my room quickly.

The room itself was pretty standard - reasonable bathroom, good sized room with a table to work at and a good sized bed. Plenty of power sockets near the desk (although I had to unplug things by the bed to charge my phone)
My only criticism was the level of noise from the air conditioner was more than I would have liked. It did a great job of keeping the room cool in the humid New York summer though!

Well stocked minibar/fridge - charges are $5.44 per item if I recall correctly

Breakfast could be good - the English breakfast was very tasty but the Eggs Norwegian (benedict but with smoked salmon) were only ok, with the muffin being a little burnt.

I would stay again - very happy with this as it was an alternative to the usual hotel I stay at.

Cost was around $500 per night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business