“Would go back!”
Review of Soho Grand Hotel

Soho Grand Hotel
Ranked #174 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed for a week, my husband on business, me to explore the city. Hotel was well located for transport links, and SoHo a perfect antidote to the skyscrapers both up and downtown, with its boutiques, restaurants and galleries. Room was clean and light, bed (with down duvet and pillows) was fantastically comfortable, WiFi brilliant. Not the world's biggest room, but had everything we needed. Didn't hear from our neighbours, so the internal soundproofing must have done its job. That said, we were on the 15th floor and the traffic (with its incessant horn honking) was loud late into the night...not sure I'd like to be lower down. Bar was stylish - but with so many other wonderful places on your doorstep (Boqueria for tapas a particular favourite) why not explore? Make a point of going to Dominic Ansel on Spring St for breakfast pastries, too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma T

Reviewed August 25, 2012

"Peter" from Concierge was extremely helpful and went above and beyond when helping to assist my boss! Always a plus when you have a beautiful establishment and a courteous and friendly staff to match! Thanks so much for all of your help :)

-Melissa C (Chicago)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I read some reviews about certain issues with the hotel, but I found none of them during my stay in August at the Soho Grand.

The room was clean and a good size for a NYC hotel room (I had a deluxe king); the hotel is nice with great bars and restaurants. We had a few drinks at the "Yard", which is an outside bar on the first floor and more of a lounge really.

Small details about the rooms - they were clean, the WIFI was free and had great signal; not sure how much TV you'd want to watch while being in NYC but they offer many more channels than your regular hotel. The AC in the room worked really well; we had to turn it off all the time b/c it was so cold.

I saw reviews about the staff being snobby (which I wouldn't have minded taken the area I'm in); but everyone was friendly. The valet guys were helpful and nice, the front desk was friendly enough and even gave me a late check out on a Saturday.

Overall, very happy with our stay. It's a great hotel in Soho, and in a great location. I paid about $350 per night so you expect a great stay for that money, but I'm happy to say I was indeed pleased with the Grand.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richiana
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The location is obviously great but the rooms are small, dirty, dark. It took me a long time to figure out the TV. The rooms are badly designed for working, plugs hardly reachable, eventhough Wifi works very well. A/C is noisy.
Hot water in the bathtub comes after 1 minute. Gym is so dirty and equipment outdated.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jean-michel a
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've stayed here several times and I like this place. The location in the heart of Soho, the characteristic design and the bar are great. Probably, the staff is not very polite sometimes, but you can afford it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have stayed here many times as carefree singles, a married coupe on a business trip and most recently as new parents with 4 month old in tow. This place never disappoints and we never get a bill that makes us feel guilty. With a sexy bar, easy wifi and attentive staff amd killer comfy beds we always enjoy our stay. Even with a four month old in tow we didn't feel skid dish or out of place. They have a wonderfully diverse clientele that always makes the bar a great people watching pew. It's our home in new York.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Madcowz
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at the Soho Grand. Check in was a breeze and the staff was extremely helpful. Loved the glass of bubbly when we checked in. Hotel room did not have a coffee maker and at the hotel bar the drink prices were typical outrageous New York City prices. Skip the drinks at the hotel and head to Little Italy which is in walking distance for a reasonably priced dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple