The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Plaza(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Park Lane Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
AKA Central Park(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Chambers Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Whitby Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Delmonico(New York City)
  • Room Service
All reviewsharry ciprianicentral parkelevator operatorcipriani restaurantapple storeelevator attendantsnew yorkplaza hotelfifth avenueroom servicehome away from homewalk in closetbeautiful hotelupper east sidebeautiful roomhotel guestsperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed March 2012 with my friend. Beautifully large room near Central Park and Fifth Avenue. The windows were nice and thick--didn't hear any traffic noise and I'm a light sleeper. Vintage marble bathrooms that were very clean. Carpets were stained but it did appear that they were vacuumed regularly. Nice amenities such as free Coke in the fridge and welcome chocolates. Would give it 5 stars except that the pillows were very uncomfortable (hard and overfilled) and the bellhop service was average at best (one time the bellhop accidentally slammed the door in my face because he was in a rush to get the car door of a regular resident.)
Important to note that this is a small boutique hotel within a luxury apartment residence, and the staff do seem to cater to the residents more than the hotel guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Janet S
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay in NYC. It has an amazing location with all the buzz and action outside the hotel but whisper quiet rooms inside. We had a suite with amazing city views. The bed was supremely comfortable and the bathroom was old fashioned luxe - the power shower was truly awesome. The staff were warm and welcoming and the lift attendants were a lovely touch which made journeys in the elevator so special. There is a fantastic gym though there is no swimming pool. We had been there once before and enjoyed it so much that we returned with friends; there is no doubt that we will be back.

Room Tip: room 1609 is a lovely suite. Room 1204 is a smaller room with outstanding views of Central Park.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fudansavel
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We used to live in NYC and come back every year for a visit. Over the past 5 years we've tried a lot of different hotels, but we have now found THE ONE!! Truly an amazing stay the the Sherry Netherland. Within 24 hours the charming and attentive staff greeted us by name every time we left and returned. I am confident that they would take on any challenge and do it beautifully. The suite we had was well done, had a lovely kitchenette, the best bed I've slept in in year (including my own) and had views overlooking the plaza and down 5th Ave. Room service came from the amazing Harry Cipriani's which is right downstairs and is discounted for hotel guests. This being both a residential building and a hotel, wait time for room service was within 15 minutes since they are not servicing all rooms at the same time as they are at any other hotel. And as you can imagine everything came fresh and hot. The hotel and staff are also incredibly dog friendly…not just pet tolerant as other hotels we've been in have been. I made another reservation in March before I left which I rarely do. I would recommend this hotel for anyone at anytime!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bluemoonbistro
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We recently spent 4 nights celebrating our daughters 13th birthday. Everyone treated her like a princess! We had a beautiful suite. This is classic elegance in New York - it is not for the modern dwelling lover. Our bathroom was all marble (with AWESOME water pressure). We had a very comfortable king bedroom, and our daughter enjoyed a classic living room which even had a mini kitchen! Everyone from the doorman to the front desk to the elevator attendants remembered us and would give us advice on where to eat or shop or go. When I stay at "nice" hotels, I expect service. This is what we received at the Sherry-Netherland. They were even in the process of renovating their lobby which made the "view" of the hotel not nearly as nice, and yet we still had one of our best New York experiences. Finally, the location at the corner of Central Park right in the middle of shopping areas with good access to everything is an added bonus. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PKARRA-Vacationers
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We booked our stay at this hotel three months out. At that time, we were able to book a suite along with a connecting room. However, we were told we would need to depart the suite on our last night, but that we would be put in really fabulous connecting rooms. In fact, the booking agent was very candid with me and informed me the rooms can vary from fabulous to good, but assured me we would be put in a fabulous room. The original suite was excellent, but the rooms we were transferred to (1116 and 1115) are dumpy rooms. Very outdated furniture and window treatments as well as stained and worn rugs. This is the worst hotel room I have ever experienced. I will not return to the Sherry as a result and plan on returning to The Lowell again next Christmas season. It really is a shame, because the first two rooms we had at The Sherry were fabulous, but I don't want to risk getting an awful room again.

Room Tip: 714 & 715 are great rooms 1115 & 1116 are terrible rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
26  Thank skilaufen
Kkinet1, Rooms Division Manager at The Sherry-Netherland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

We are so sorry you were disappointed in the rooms we moved you to. All of our rooms are individually owned, and are individually decorated to the owners taste. As I understand it, we did move you to another pair of connecting rooms that you did like, and so we thought we had resolved the matter to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on our levels of service and cleanliness, and we are embarrassed that we not only did not exceed your expectations, but we did not meet them. Based on your comments, we will review the rooms in question, and see about possibly upgrading them. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.